What's new

GCN P-scan question: Please help (1 Viewer)

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
I have an HDTV and component cables, so I can use progressive scan. I started the GC and held down B and I got the option to turn on P-scan and I did. The next time I used that game, it automatically brought me to the P-scan option screen, I didn't need to hold B. But then I put in a different game, Pikmin, and it didn't bring me to the screen. I had to reset and hold B. After that, Pikmin did it automatically.

I thought that once you did it once on one game, all games supporting P-scan automatically brought you to the P-scan option screen. Is that it, or does each game need to have it done manually once before remembering it? Or maybe Pikmin is a special case....

Can someone with Pikmin answer this? It's kinda bothering me.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
You only have to hold down the B Button one initial time. (Unless you want to switch back to Interlace for some reason).

For Example: The first time I powered up my Gamecube, I had to hold B to initiate the Progressive Scan menu on Wave Race. From then on the Cube will just ask me if I would like Progressive Scan on its own for all Progressive games.(Don't have to hold down B).

Even if I put in a game that is Interlace only, like Resident Evil, when I go back to a Progressive Game like Wave Race, it still prompts me automatically. The only time you wold have to hold B ever again is if you choose "NO" from the Progressive Scan prompt.

Now, I don't have Pikmin, but I'm not sure why that game would react differently than others. Is the game still not prompting you automatically?

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
I was playing RE before, so it was in 480i. Then I switched to Pikmin and it didn't prompt me. I then held B and then it did, and I chose P-scan. I then checked other games and they automatically prompted me, but that was probably because I had just selected P-scan from Pikmin. I must have selected no for P-scan for some game I played before RE, I just forgot. At least I hope that is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks