What's new

GC Beach Spikers - $9,99 (1 Viewer)

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Beach Spikers for $9.99 at Best Buy. The web also has it listed at that price, but they are out of stock.

I haven't tried the game yet (still at work)... but I've heard good things about it, and at ten bucks its practically the same price as renting it.

You might want to hurry though... I picked up the last one at the Best Buy by my work.

--kyle

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
We've been posting this info in the Coupons and Bargains section as well.

There are a great deal of good bargains out there for all consoles. Feel free to stop on over.

Coupons and Bargains

Glen

Nathan A

Second Unit
my best buy had been sold out of Beach Spikers ever since they dropped the price to $10, but today i went in and saw some 10-15 copies, so it may be worth re-checking if your best buy's been sold out. they may get a shipment in sometime.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
The Best Buy here doesn't have any. I've also heard rumors of Super Monkey Ball 2 ringing up $14.99 at some locations but I can't verify it since the one here doesn't have SMB either.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

*wipes egg from face*

Ah, much better.

Anyway, I'd certainly say grab it for that price. It has some annoying flaws, but it's still fun and it's the best version of the game...if you're intersted in my opinion, of course :)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I picked up two Beach Spikers today... $9.99 each and plenty to go around at the BB near me.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I see a good deal like this, I kinda wish I could re-buy the game. :D

-Dave

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Thanks Eric, is the gamecube version (of Turok) really better than the Xbox version? why is it better?
Thanks!

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

Yep, it's better:

The pluses:
*Much better frame rate.
*Brighter colors (the Xbox rev looks muted and washed out in comparison).
*The Xbox control on the flight sequences is agony.

The minuses:
*Some extra background critters on Xbox
*Some extra enemies here and there.
*480p

The bottom line is that the Cube rev looks better and plays much more solidly thanks to a signifigantly higher frame rate.

Also note that I am a Turok freak and, while this one is far from perfect, it's certainly more than worth twenty bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks