GBA lighting fixes from EGM

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott L, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I apologize if you know these fixes already, but I don't have a GBA & know there are many here that complain about GBA's lighting. I did a search for similar threads (nothing found), and this is in the newest EGM. If this is nothing new plz delete this post.
    This is in EGM #152, March 2002. Pg. 46. I'll copy it word for word.

Quote:

New Ways to Look At Your GBA
    So you have a GBA, but making out the screen has turned portable-game time into a living hell. Well two handy remedies are making their way to the market, and (surprise) they're not from Nintendo.
    The name may be a bit deceptive, but http://www.portablemonopoly.com

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

yup... I am definately getting that Portable Monopoly light when it comes out, in fact, I have even signed up for their waiting list to find out when it is coming out [​IMG]

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

What's the price going to be like?

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I believe that on the Portable Monopoly website they said it would be around $50

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

The Portable Monopoly one does look very nice. Here's hoping it sees the light of day (pun intended).

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I would buy it, but I don't want to open my GBA, nor do I want to lower the battery life any.

7. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

The lighting kit from portablemonopoly is going to use led bulbs so the drain of power should be the same as a wormlight (or 2 wormlights).

8. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

The traplight wasn't all that bad. I did try out a nyko wormlight and may It may be a best selling light but it does create glare and is somewhat small. I also tried a GBC wormlight on an advance but it was too dull and had to be bent backwords.

The best light I've ever used for a gameboy was made By nintendo and is only for the original gameboy.

It involved a florescent strip of plastic that encircled the screen giving a smooth and uniform glow to the screen. It used 4 AAA batteries and added a bit of weight, but I used that light all the time.

BTW, The Gameboy Advance is 69.99 available at Toys R Us R-zone. Now is that a good price for a retail sealed Gameboy Advance or what? (Can u tell I work there?)

9. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

$10 better than everywhere else. It's good to be Nintendo's #1 retail partner.