What's new

Gasaraki any good? (1 Viewer)

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
As the title of the thread, I've been looking for a new anime series to watch, and Gasaraki looks interesting. The animation is really good, but I would like to know if the plot is any good.

For reference, I've watched the following anime series (with comments in parentheses): Trigun (all-time favorite), Rurouni Kenshin (second only to Trigun), Escaflowne (ok, not great), Cowboy Bebop (liked a lot), Record of the Lodoss War (original and the new series, both good), Neon Genesis Evangelion (very good, though the ending was bad), Bubblegum Crisis (not terrible, but not great), Irresponsible Captain Tylor (hated it), Ghost in the Machine (good, but ending was too wierd), and there's probably a few more one-off movies I have seen and can't recall, but these are the major ones.

If not Gasaraki, what anime series would you suggest?

-Nate

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Not sure if Movies is the proper place for this thread, but I've got a couple suggestions:
Serial Experiments: Lain is my favorite anime series, bar none. A thought-provoking series, though admittedly there's probably no new concepts presented here that haven't been explored in other anime -- it's just that they do one hell of a job of it here! And its ending, while I'm sure some will complain of incompleteness or incomprehension, does tie everything up fairly nicely, while still leaving just enough to the imagination. Not too many can bring me to tears, but the last five or so minutes of this series did! Lain's sacrifice at the end
was for me very profound.
Cowboy Bebop, while at time seemingly childish, is a very good series; almost every episode of that either had my eyes wet or had me smiling with satisfaction.
One short series I highly recommend for humor is Dominion: Tank Police. That one had me rolling almost every other sentence.
I have most released DVDs of Robotech, Bubblegum Crisis, Gundam Wing, El Hazard, Neon Genesis Evangelion (mmm...Hayashibara Megumi! :)), and a few othes in my collection that I still have to watch; I'll let ya know about those as I go.
A question to others:
A friend of mine suggested something called F3, which is supposedly ... um ... R-rated material. Anybody know if it's out on DVD? Thanks!

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
Oops, I actually meant this to go into the DVD section, I must have missed and not noticed. Stupid of me.
Hmm... I forgot about Lain, a friend of mine actually bought those a while back and I haven't watched anything except a little of the beginning. Seemed awfully strange though.
But you still didn't answer my question - is Gasaraki any good? I guess I'll post this in the correct forum and see if I can get a better response there :)
-Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.