What's new

Gamecube Progressive Scan Problem (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Past few weeks I have been noticing that DVDs on this garbage DVD player that came with Mitsu HDTV appears very awfully, the colors are distributed terrible, and it has the shadow effect [like text have duplicates in red behind them]. Does my TV need to unlock component video feed some how. I noticed it does the same with Madden , the DVD player and Cube are connected via component and the component connection is the common denominator. I am scared fellas.

-Bert

I am going to look in TV manual.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Can't possibly be that the component inputs have been switched somehow could it? (Red plugged into Green, Blue into Green, etc...)

Hope everything's OK....

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Thank you Dave, I called and got excellent assistance from them, unfortunately it was not the convergence. I saw no lines of color when I tried that option, she said perhaps one of the projecting cables are loose.

Thanks fellas.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Hey fellas, the convergence was in fact off, I called some service people, and set up appointments (seeing who could come soonest) and a nice guy was familiar with the WS-A65 and told me to go further into the convergence menu where I could alter the grid.

All fixed..

Madden in 16x9/Prog. Scan baby!!!!!

Edit: NM.....it just defaults back to messed up, regardless that the grid lined up PERFECTLY. People going to come this Tue. between 2-4..yay.......

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Moving to hardware.

You're not off the hook yet - convergence drifts over time so you'll need to touch it up every 6 months or so. The service convergence is the way to go as it offers more points of control than typically found in the user menu, which makes for tighter convergence over more of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks