What's new

FYI TV sets on special (1 Viewer)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Here in NJ, we have a few FYI stores. In the Jersey Gardens Mall, there are several TV sets on sale for $9.99 including Seinfeld and the Fox animation series. A few more recent series are $5 to $10 more. the only hiccup is that the sale involves mail-in rebates of $10 per set. I passed as I already own most of what they offered, but it's a pretty good deal for those building a library who don't mind waiting for money in the mail.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ed: Do you mean FYE stores? FYE is owned by TransWorld, Inc and are common throughout the northeast. They have been running these mail-in rebate deals for some time. There are a number of these stores in the Albany, NY area (where TransWorld is based).

They can be quite good (the deals)...it's just the hassle of doing the rebates that's a PITA.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Of course, it's FYE. Thanks, Mike. We only have a couple of them down here, but I believe they bought out Coconuts, too. I don't get in them often and the TV sale was new to me. You're right about rebates. I was turned off.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup. Some of the stores used to be called Coconuts. Before that they were Strawberries (some of them) and/or RecordTown. TransWorld has gone through a lot of changes over the years.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since the subject has come up here, I'll post THIS ARTICLE from the Albany, NY Times Union on the process of upgrading the FYE stores to be more "customer friendly." I think I'll also post a new thread on the subject for those folks who aren't looking in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks