What's new

Funny quotes from girlfriend/fiance/wives... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
OK everyone, here it is, my list of funny quotes from my girlfriend, future fiance, on my Home Theater speakers...

"You spent 200 dollars for a pair of speakers???"

-wait till I spend $1000, haha

"Why do you have the speakers tilted inwards, that looks stupid"

-she just doesn't understand

"Its too loud! Turn it down!"

-(during great action scenes in movies)

And my favorite, drum roll please...

"Why do you have the covers (grills) off the speakers? It makes them look broken."

-I think they look cool

Lets hear some of your great quotes from significant others...

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
"why are the speakers behind the couch facing each other? That looks stupid."

"cant we move the speakers somewhere where they look better"

"How do I turn all this stuff on again?"

"I don't like it"

"I am getting a headache, can you please turn that down"

"There is too many stations, I can't find my shows"

My wife watches TV in the bedroom where we have a TV with 5 channels on a basic antenna. Crapy picture, but she likes it because she can work the remote.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I don't know how funny those things will be when she's trying to get you to buy Bose because "they're so cute, and they hardly take up any room!"

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
This thread is awesome!
Unfortunately/fortunately my wife doesen't complain too much
Here is a couple of my wife's infamous quotes:
"Turn it down, the kids are sleeping"
Pretty funny since my home theater is soundproofed but sometimes i must admit the bass finds a way too disturb the household.
"what did you buy now?"
If she only knew;)
"what, more speakers????"
a guy has too have his 7.1 now right?:D
I get my own home theater room which most i think guys in this hobby find envious since in most households the only room a man has a right too is the garage.

BruZZi

Second Unit
The most stupid of all from an EX-Girlfriend:

" Why do we need such a big TV? " (Sony 32 inches)

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Gary,
i know what you are saying. But my home theater is pretty well soundproofed. It was designed that way of course. ;) If it were an average room, the cops would be at my house every movie night saying "the neighbourhood is sleeping".
This is advertising that i would not want to make public. Some people just like to take/steal, so better to have all that sound under control in a well designed room than for all the neighbours and unwanted strangers to hear.

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
"I am getting a headache, can you please turn that down" and "what, more boxes????" - my latest box being the Integra Research RDC-7... Marriage simply doesn't make any sense, does it? As someone smartly put it "men and women were never meant to live together".

Razvan

William_L

Grip
Here is one I have been getting lately.
"You can do whatever you want in the basement, but first you have to finish the kitchen and the bathroom"
I started remodeling my kitchen and bathroom about 2 years ago, and they are both useable, so to me, they are finished :) Who needs all that trim work anyhow

Haywood

Stunt Coordinator
"Oh my God that is ridiculous that thing is bigger than Angelo!"
This is what my wife said when I first set-up my SVS 20-39, Angelo is my 3yr old son. :D LOL
Later Haywood :cool:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
"How can you afford this?"

-I can't.

"Why did you need to buy a new DVD Player when we already have one?"

-'Cause it's bigger and better.

"Why did you have to buy a new TV when we already have one?

-'Cause it's bigger and better.

"How much did this cost?"

-Maybe if I tell her that it costs less than what I actually paid for it, she won't be so mad.

"I hate you."

-I hate you too.

charles_w

Stunt Coordinator
" How many of those do you need?"

The used components are starting to stack up.

" If it had light on it, and made noise we could afford it"

Her response when I tell her we can't afford what she wants.

Robert Cranwell

Stunt Coordinator
When I met my wife she was a manager for Suncoast Video and Sam Goody music,so when she came to my house the first time she looked at my Dvd collection and said " you only have 40 movies,I have 458" she also had a 53" Sony Tv and I married here real quick when she said we need a bigger house for the theater!

Rob

Luis A

Second Unit
My wife is "NOW" into home theater as much as I'am, but it wasn't like that the first 2 years.
"Is that new? How much did it cost?
- I lie
"You do realize that we could have bought a car instead of all that crap in your room."
-No! We already have a Honda Civic, Triumph Speed Triple, SUV, and a 2 car garage. If you want another car we have to buy another house with a bigger garage.
"If you love that room so much you can sleep in it"
-OK
Also, when her mom came to visit, before I got my dedicated room outside the house, my theater was in the next room, and I would play it at 65db. She would pop her head in, and say" TURN IT DOWN!"
She would watch me turn it down, but as soon as she closed the curtain I would turn it up 5db or so past where I had it.
Now she has her own gear, and I kind of miss those little spats.:)
L

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I can't complain. My mom and Dad have gotten into the HT thing as much as anyone, especially after they bought a primo subwoofer.[Innovative Audio’s SubTable Grand Subwoofer]. Also, my sister has proven a reliable 2ndary source for my older equipment. The big battle has been; 1)no wires out into the living space [putting the sub irrevocably against the wall, and 'please help' anytime the wiring or remotes deviate from their normal operation. We live in different cities, so there have been a lot of long distance calls comprised of;

"now where's you s-video cable?"

"which one's that one.'

"the big gold one that looks like its off the computer."

"oh, I think I saw that one on the floor. where does it go?"

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
" You can unpack those yourself" (The Diva's)

"The smaller kids are having trouble crawling over the boxes to get in the house"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks