What's new

Funny quotes from girlfriend/fiance/wives... (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
Kirsten, dont take it personally. I think i speak for ever man here when i say, we wish more women were into this hobby as much as we are, but as you see from these comments, it just happens to be the more prevalent truth that women dont care as much about this as men do.. yes there are those women that can probably educate us on the finer points of acoustic design, but those are exceptions.
By all means, post some comments about your ignorant son/brother/father/husband making silly comments (as some people already have) .. this isnt intended to be a gender thing.. it's more of a statistical truth that it happens to pit men vs. women .. certain gender based arguments will always exist... (the whole toilet thing comes to mind.. my response is - if i can put it up, you can put it down) but it still makes some comedians money as old as that joke is.. oh well :)
we are certainly glad to have women enjoy this hobby with us so don't take it too close to heart :) we still love you :D

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
I think i speak for ever man here when i say, we wish more women were into this hobby as much as we are, but as you see from these comments, it just happens to be the more prevalent truth that women dont care as much about this as men do.
Are you kidding me? I am glad my wife isn't into this hobby. We can't afford to keep up with my HT spending, let alone my wife's. I think going to Dillard's is a much better hobby for her. :D :D :D

Shad R

Supporting Actor
"OH MY GOD, MY EARS ARE BLEEDING...THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BLEED!"
"THE THUMPING OF YOUR HOMETHEATER KILLED YOUR GRANDPA..YOU KNOW HE HAS A BAD HEART!"
"THE SHOOTOUT IN TRUE LIES SOUNDED SO REALISTIC, OUR HOUSE IS NOW SURROUNDED WITH COPS!"
"DUCK!"
just kidding..my hometheater isn't THAT loud...:D

Julie K

Screenwriter
Gentlemen, is it necessary to pit men against women in this way?
At least it isn't as bad as the facial hair thread :rolleyes: But it is a bit depressing to see, yet again, the old 'women don't understand technology' bit.
I'll admit, though, out of all the stereotypes, I come very close to the "turn it down" one. I have another hobby that could very easily destroy my hearing - I don't need two. I have sensitive ears and a loud movie hurts dammit. So, I keep the volume high, but not high enough to hurt. I'm sure it's too low for many though. (And with my other hobby I generally wear double hearing protection, although there are times that I must wear none - hence my worry about hearing damage.)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
"OOO, Yamaha!!!" - the typical response from my wife when the THX trailer plays on our system.

"It's up to you. Buy whatever you think is best" - The response when I was deciding on my speakers.

"I love our movie room!" - after spending $40.00 at AMC to see a movie, we went home and watched a movie at home. Ate our own cheap popcorn, snuggled up in a blanket, and was able to pause the movie for bathroom breaks, or to let the dog out.

"Hey, there's a home theater store. Let's stop!" - Gotta love this woman.

"It only cost 4 Dooney's!" - my response to "How much did that cost?". I associate everything with the price of a Dooney and Bourke purse.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
"Oh my God! It's making me sick!"

-Ex-girlfriend referring to the surround sound coming out

of the rear speakers during 'Saving Private Ryan'

"You like your movies, like 'Chasing Amy' and 'Star Wars'

and I like my movies... movies that have babies in them."

-My fiance referring to taste in movies

"Fine, I'll watch it, but only if we listen to it in

English this time."

-My fiance referring to 'Princess Mononoke'

"You can tell me a thousand times, but I still think you

see less with those black bars at the top and bottom."

-My fiance

"I've never even seen V.I. Warshowski!"

-My fiance's reaction to John Spencer and Eric Howell

"It was OK, till you find out the bad guy is his father..."

-Ex-girlfriend referring to ESB

"Why buy them on DVD? You can tape them off of TV for free."

-My fiance referring to my buying The X-Files season sets

but, the best one of all...

"...Or, we can go on a honeymoon..."

-referring to how I am going to spend my tax-refund

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
(the whole toilet thing comes to mind.. my response is - if i can put it up, you can put it down)
Mike, that still doesn't explain why you piss on the floor, you pig. :p)

Ok, here's my contribution to bridging the gender issue in this thread:

My roommate (male) come home from work to see me holding the SPL meter proudly in the air, examining it closely, with the Avia DVD making all sorts of noise. He looks at me as if I'm insane, says, "I don't know what you're doing, and I don't wanna know." Then he scuttles off to his room and slams the door.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
My wife doesn't really care too much about HT. But now she and the kids are able to use the HT with the pronto. My main problem was my father, every time he would come to my house he would somehow mess up the TV settings so that everything was in "torch" mode. Finally, I had to hide the TV remote control.

A famous quote or two

Wife: "Go ahead and get the Cinepro amplifier." YES.

Wife: "Sounds better at home"

Kids: "We want to wait for the DVD" instead of going to the theater.

Father: "You have spent too much on DVDs"

Father: "Your system is too complicated"

Mother: "You should not be into movies so much, read a little"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks