Fs: The Ultimate Panasonic Rp91 Dvd Player

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brajesh Upadhyay, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Take the Panasonic RP91 DVD player, widely regarded as one of the very best DVD players around & add to it the following...
    • Regionfree playback - Does this automatically or manually (for RCE DVDs)
    • NTSC & PAL playback - Plays both, but does not convert PAL to NTSC
    • Macrovision free
    • CGMS/A free (DVD recorder friendly)
    ... & you have the ultimate DVD player!
    The unit is a little over a year old, but has had light use (I own three other DVD players). It's the black version. It's in absolutely mint condition!
    Now just $420 delivered! - PayPal (preferred), money order or cashier's check
    Please e-mail me.

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Price reduced by $30!

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Consider trades?
    I am currently selling a Marantz AV550 Tuner/Pre-Amp/Processor, Mint condition, more info on demand. . .

4. Brajesh Upadhyay

Guy, thanks for the offer, but I don't need any new equipment at this point.

5. Wayne Reibold

Wayne Reibold Stunt Coordinator

Why are you selling it? What version of firmware does it have? When was it purchased? Are you the original owner? Does it include all accessories, original remote/manual/box/purchase receipt? Do you have feedback anywhere like eBay to check?

6. Brajesh Upadhyay

Wayne, since I didn't get any takers here, I've moved the sale to eBay. Since I'm not allowed to provide a link here, search for "Panasonic RP91" on eBay & my auction will come up. My seller ID is bu68. You can check my feedback while you're there.

Re: your questions... I'm selling it cuz I have a regionfree RP82 now. The firmware on this is v236. (you can't update the firmware further because it will undo the regionfree/copy-protection free modification). The pink tint, picture shift & combing were fixed by v236. The latest v.250 really adds nothing useful. My unit was purchased 14 months ago & I'm the original owner. Yes, I have all accessories & original remote/manual/box (no original receipt).