What's new

FS: Sony STR-DB840 DD/DTS Receiver (1 Viewer)

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Sony STR-DB840 digital receiver

specs and pics here
(note: US remote is different than UK one pictured)

This is basically an entry level ES unit, far better built than the models sold at Best Buy or Circuit City (the DE line). 100Wx5, DD/DTS 5.1, etc. Originally retailed for $599; Paid $399 about 2 years ago.

Unit is in perfect condition except for one fault: the subwoofer preout no longer works. I have no idea how easy or inexpensively it can be repaired, but you can always run the main speakers large and redirect the bass from the other speakers there. Otherwise it works perfectly though.

$OLD

TIA
-Matt

TimG

Second Unit
Just to let everyone know, I still use this model and have never had any problems at all with it, (except the light on the volume knob burning out). Good little receiver for the money.

TimG

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
My light burned out on my DB930 as well :angry: Any method to fix this?

BTW, this is a fantastic price for a great little receiver. I'm really surprised that no one has snatched this up already.

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 830 and the light is gone too. How hard could it have been to get that right? Other than that, it's a fantastic receiver. I'd get this one, if I hadn't just bought a different one for the bedroom.

Dennis

TimG

Second Unit
Anyone crack theirs open and see if it is just a matter of soldering in a new one? Sorry to Hijack your thread Matt.

TimG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks