What's new

FS: Sony STR-DA5ES Digital Surround Receiver...DD/DTS/DTS-ES/Neo6/DPLII...and more (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
* DTS-ES, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, Virtual Matrix 6.1, and Digital Cinema Sound
* DTS Neo:6
* three 32-bit processors for surround decoding
* 3-room/3-source capability (A/V preamp out for 2nd room; stereo speaker out for 3rd room)
* separate remote for 2nd room
* 110 watts x 6 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
* 7.1-channel and 5.1-channel inputs
* 7.1-channel preamp output
* digital inputs: 4 optical, 2 coaxial
* component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (50 MHz bandwidth)
* 4 audio, 5 A/V (including 1 A/V behind the flip-down front panel, and 5 S-video) inputs
* optical digital output
* 192kHz/24-bit DACs
* 7.1/5.1/2CH analog direct
* on-screen display
* RS-232C port to enable future upgrades
Employing three 32-bit processors, this rock-solid receiver provides ultra-precise surround decoding for Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, and Dolby Pro Logic II, plus Sony's Virtual Matrix 6.1 and Digital Cinema Sound modes. For maximum purity with analog signals (like the output from an SACD player), stereo, 5.1-channel and 7.1-channel analog direct modes bypass all DSP.
The STR-DA5ES boasts some serious amplification, too: 110 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 6; wide-range response out to 100kHz (great for SACD); high-linearity power capacitors for smooth, expressive audio; and a high-capacity power supply. The sixth channel of power lets you hook up a back surround speaker to complete a seamless 360° soundfield.
You also get a versatile 2-way LCD remote that puts control menus, radio station names, and CD titles (from compatible Sony changers) right in the palm of your hand. And three-room, three-source capability means you and two other housemates can all enjoy different sources simultaneously in different rooms. There's even a dedicated remote for the second room!
The DA5ES is crafted with impeccable ES construction: frame-and-beam chassis, short signal paths, eight channels' worth of 192kHz/24-bit D/A conversion, non-linear heat sink fins to fight resonance — attention to every detail, inside and out!
This unit is only 1 month old and is in perfect and mint condition w/ no scratches, marks, scrapes, chips, or blemishes. I haven't even removed the stickers on the face of the unit! I will also be sure to include receipt from the authorized Sony ES dealer w/ all manuals and accessories. Unit comes w/ the Sony ES 5-yr warranty. The unit will be shipped double-boxed w/ lots of peanut packing foam to ensure protection during your transport shipper of choice (FedEx or UPS). I will also ship to Canada. Price is $700 shipped FIRM.
I hate to part w/ my baby, but after much, much thought, I've decided to go separates all the way. If you have any questions, feel free to email me anytime. My eBay user ID is kalexan577. Thanks for looking.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Kevin-
Excellent Unit! Good luck on selling it. I am thinking the same thing as far as GOING to separates ALL THE WAY but I think I will use the 5ES as a pre-pro first then I'll decide.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Angelo

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just bought the little brother to this unit (DA3ES)...and I've been extremely pleased with my purchase. In fact, it's the best peice of equipment I've owned.

Bump for a great reciever!

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Thanks for the accolades! Right now, I'm eyeing the Rotel 1066, or possibly the new Sony TAE-10ES preamp. The DA5ES is such a great receiver that it wouldn't bother me if it didn't sell for a while.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
OK, I'll pick up the shipping which brings everything to $700 shipped!!! Even if you are planning on getting the little brother DA3ES, you not have no reason not to get this unit now. This is the absolute lowest I will go - next stop, eBay!....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks