What's new

FS: Sharp XV-Z12000 HD2+ DLP Projector, new in sealed box, extra remote control (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
SOLD

I have a Sharp XV-Z12000 (commonly known as the 12K) HD2+ DLP projector for sale. This projector is a replacement from my dealer for a defective 12K I received previously. I've decided to give CRT a try and sell this one.

I've owned many digital projectors over the last two years--Hitachi 5500, Sharp 10K, 12K, JVC SX21--and the 12K is easily the best I've seen. Sharp has greatly reduced the artifacts common to DLP, improved contrast significantly, and further tweaked the user controls for a high level of adjustability. The flexible zoom and lens shift make it simple to install, and the adjustable iris lets you choose the perfect brightness/contrast level for different viewing environments. The high contrast mode provides the best image quality when viewing in a completely light-controlled room, whil the high brightness mode is great for turning on a few lights and watching a game with friends. My previous 12K was a hit at this year's Super Bowl party. The 12K is also one of a handful of displays that properly performs 3:2 pulldown on 1080i material, so the HD playback is the best I've seen from a digital projector. For complete specs, please see the Sharp web site.

Projector is new in sealed box. I'll also include an extra remote that Sharp sent me when I was trying to diagnose the problem with the first 12K.

Asking $7200 shipped via FedEx 2nd day air.

Please see Link Removed as a reference. You can use the ebay contact form to verify that the account is mine. Simply click the "contact member" button on the right.

I accept personal checks (good references required, shipping must wait until check clears), money orders, cashier's checks, or PayPal (spotless references required, verified accounts with confirmed addresses only, and I ship only to the confirmed address).

Please PM or e-mail offers.

Anyone with an NEC XG CRT for sale, please contact me if interested in a trade plus cash deal. Tubes must exhibit no appreciable wear.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
No offers on this piece? Aside from the Marantz S3, which is slightly better and thousands of dollars more, the 12K is currently the best single-chip DLP on the market.

If you have any questions about the 12K, let me know. I used another 12K for several months and I'm very familiar with its capabilities.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I don't think I'll bother selling it to someone who blatantly craps on my thread. Thank you.

Besides, what do you think an "asking price" is?

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I saw it. He's requesting local pickup only, which is understandable considering the size and weight of these things. It also has some wear on the green tube, and I'd prefer one with clean tubes because I plan on keeping the CRT until 1080p digitals are around $8k, which is probably a few years off. Thanks though.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
very sweet unit
I just calibrated one for DVD etc last nite. Greg Robinson will be reviewing it in Junes? issue.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks