What's new

Frighteners SE next year? (1 Viewer)

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I was very lucky. A friend ordered the LD new when it came out. It didn't arrive. He called the place he ordered it from, and they shipped him a new one. About a month later, the original one showed up so he sold it to me for half what he paid for it.

Jimmy!

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I saw over at Horrordvds.com that the Frighteners SE is set for release sometime in 2003. Has anyone heard anything about this? Will it be a port of the LD (i.e. Commentary, extended cut, four hour documentary)? Any info would be appreciated.
For everyone's information, this is an unconfirmed title which is only rumored to hit in 2003. The source of the rumor is Fangoria. The release list nots this as an unconfirmed title.

Personally, I highly doubt it will be released in 2003 as Universal has continued to either deny that or issued a 'no comment' statement.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would definately buy this. I love this movie too. It surprised me when I first saw it because I was not expecting it to be very good. The trailer made it out to be some sort of Ghostbusters rip-off with Michael J. Fox which couldn't be further from the truth for anyone who knows Peter Jackson's style or this movie. I have found others that have avoided this movie for along time too and when they finally watch it, they love it. I think its a modern classic still waitng to be discovered.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I would still encourage all of you that haven't... to buy the current DVD. It has GREAT sound and picture, plus it will send a message to Universal that this is a popular title that would BENEFIT them if they were to re-release it.
In other words: put your money where your mouth is! :D

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I've been holding off and holding off on the current nekkid DVD in hopes of a Special Edition. Here's hoping. They did the squirt gun of holy water thing better in Bordello of Blood though :D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd let you know, welcome to HTF!
Thanks, David. I've been here a while, though. I guess we hadn't crossed paths, though your name is familiar.
As I think about it, what happened to our total post counts? You could get a bit of an idea of someone's HTF "experience" by looking at their total number of posts. I went and looked at my profile and shocked myself to discover I'm up to 840!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
yeah, I should have looked at when you joined :b
But your post count only shows 27, so I thought you were new. So I'm confused on the post counts.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
wait a second, mine only says like 28?! What's going on? I've been here for long enough, I should know how to read that stuff. I guess I don't read it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks