What's new

Friends 1/15/04 (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
This week's episode
1010) The One Where Chandler Gets Caught

was a clip show! Why? It's still too early in the season and we get a clip show? That's cheap. I say again that if they have no money and time, it's better not to do anything and just show a re-run.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was pretty disappointing, but the clips were pretty funny, though. Did Monica (Courtney Cox Arquette) look preggers already or what? I wonder how many months in is she. At least she won't be fully showing by the finale (which is to be tapes this week or last week).

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a clip show because the 'Friends' are contracted to do less than the usual season worth of episodes and they're trying to stretch it before the reruns hit before that last sweeps time.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I thought Monica looked really old in this episode.

The one laugh they got out of me was when they were trying to talk Monica and Chandler out of it and Ross agreed with them on something and Joey said "ooh, I'm gonna thump you good".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Only 18 episodes were slated for the final season of Friends. It's too bad this one counted as a "full" episode.

Joel C

Screenwriter
It was a clip show, yes, but there seemed to be a lot of real "show" in there, well over half. I thought it was a pretty good episode.

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I noticed the same thing. They didn't even try to cover it up - and it's very obvious. I think they might go with the same story as Frasier did with Daphne - just have her constantly eating so she gets "fat" (in the opening scene, Monica is chowing on a large piece of chocolate cake). This could be funny though, as they can tie into the "Monica used to be obese" story line.

I too was disappointed that it was a clip show. What I can say is that the Friends reaction is somewhat similar to how our friends reacted when we told them we were buying a house and moving out of NYC. It's pretty funny how some people take it personal and think you'll never see them again (which in this show they won't - until sweeps week next season on Joey!!)

Pete

Joel C

Screenwriter
A good friend of mine wants to have a baby and that's how I feel like reacting too. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the episode, I could relate.

Of course, I also think she's crazy, because she's 22, jobless, and her husband is a valet who barely makes enough to pay their mortgage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks