What's new

Friend - Anniversary of a Rough Day.. - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Basically I have a friend who one year ago tomorrow was hit by a car. This person is fine but i think that they'll be a bit depressed tomorrow. That's just how this person is.

I want to do something for this person but I'm not sure what to do. Ordinarily I'd just be here incase they wanted to talk but I'll be out most of tomorrow working so I can't be here for them as much as I want to.

Does anyone have any ideas on something I could do to show that I'm here for them. Money isn't an object. Time is a bit of a problem since I have very limited time today and tomorrow to pull this together.

Thanks in advance for the ideas. I'm thinking flowers and a dinner invite. Unfortunately I can't do dinner tomorrow either.

Suggestions?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why not make plans that this person would like to do. Even if the plans aren't for a few days, maybe it'll be enough to keep this persons spirits up. I know when my friend makes dinner plans with me for a Friday night, I'm always excited every day before the actual night of the dinner.

Even try calling and reminding them of the dinner - "Just called to say I can't wait to eat that gigantic steak at the Steak House this Friday night. What are you going to get?" - Stuff like that.

Or if you are going to the movies - "I can't wait to see (insert title here) - I think I'm going to try and eat the gigantic popcorn tub"

etc.

The best thing to keep a persons spirits up is to have them looking forward to something. Whenever I get down, if I have plans in the immediate future, it always helps me get through the depression.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Flowers with a nice message are always good! :)

Delaying dinner for a few days isn't bad either... it still shows you care.

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
you could always drop a card/letter in the mail or call them to let them know your thinking of them. I think knowing somebody remembers them is an uplifting thing.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You're in much better shape than a friend of mine. The week after he broke up with this one girl, that girl ended up dead in a car wreck.

This past summer marked the one year anniversary of her death. This guy dates (I wouldn't exactly say that) a new girl every few months, but this one affected him pretty deeply. Needless to say, he spent the day feeling pretty depressed.

Oh wait, you wanted a suggestion.....

If you can, cook the dinner yourself. Some cliches are just too good to pass up.....

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Mark, as long as your frind is fine, you could try to inject a little humor into the situation. They say laughter is the best medicine.
you could always drop a card/letter in the mail
I don't remember seeing Hallmark's "So, you were hit by a car..." section.:D

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I ended up not doing anything. Long story. I did send her an email telling her that I'm here for her if and when she's ready to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks