What's new

Frampton anyone? (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody pick this disc (these discs) up today? I was tempted, but then saw the 20 $ pricetag at BB. Did pick up Gaucho however.

How is this disc sonically, especially the MC layer.
I bet that synth. sounds good!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I am definately picking this one up...my bet is that it sounds GREAT. Please tell me it's multichannel.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Chris,

I saw it at the Best Buy on North Point. I passed only because the Steely Dan was out and a new Chesky release (Three Guitars) I want to get later.

I think it was around $24 but it is a two disc set.

:)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
It is $24.98 list and at cheap-cds.com it is $20.68 including shipping and handling. At the same site, the 25th anniversay CD is $27.59 and the regular CD is $22.01 with shipping and handling. At CD Universe, w/o shipping and handling the respective prices for the CDs are $27.19 and 21.05 so I don't think the SACD is overpriced at all.

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Well the curiosity got the best of me, and I went out and bought it from BB for 19.99
I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed at this point, although I have never heard the redbook cd (just on the radio).

Also, the surround channels are used primarily (if not all) for crowd echoes, cheering, etc.
Sorta like the Live Kraus from what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks