What's new
World Wide Stereo

Framed Posters inside or outside theater? (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
How many of you actually put framed movie posters in your theater vs. outside the theater?

any pics?

Do they cause too much glare or is it unnoticable? Im about to purchase 3 BassLoc movie poster frames. They will be on a wall perpendicular to the stewart screen...

Also, Are you glad you purchased the snap-open frames? Do you change your posters often? Do the posters start to wrinkle because they are not professionally framed/mounted?

Sorry for all the questions...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

tom derby

Agent
i got the snaplocks in my theater room right now. I like the snaplocks very much. I don't see me changing the posters often but if I wasn't able to change them then I would want to change them. Guess I just like the option. I do get a glare off of the two front pics (they are about 7-8 ft from the screen. Only catches your eye if you are paying attention to it. Adds so much to the look of the room though that I don't mind the glare. I think that if you weren't looking closely you would think that the pic was actually behind glass, it looks real good, no wrinkles or anything. I've had mine for about 4 weeks or so and no wrinkling. Just a tip though, get the movie posters that are big enough to cover the whole opening between the frames. It was a pain to try and center some of the smaller ones in the frame and make the border even around the pic.

Keith M.

Second Unit
BTW, Im going to order these from Stargate Cinema...

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I have my posters outside the theater for realism.
If you have the space, I say go for it!

tom derby

Agent
Stargate is where i got mine from. The reason i guess that i warned of the border around them is because stargate cinema has two different size frames. the cheaper ones are the ones i got. There not really different size frames but different thickness of the borders. The cheaper one is like 1.5 inches and the other about 3 inches. i liked the look of the 1.5 inch border better so thats what i went with. Dealing with stargate when i got my frames, i ordered 3, i got them but with no plastic covering for the front. I called the guy up (i think its just one guy) and he was very nice and had his distributer send out the coverings. The guy though was very nice, he returned my calls promptly. He actually said that he doesn't use the plastic on the outside because of the glare, but i haven't tried them without it. I love the look of the room with the posters in it, and i don't like the look of bare walls so i don't mind a little glare.

tom derby

Agent
oh yeah, all the posters i ordered from posters.com or something like that said 27x40 but they are all a little different in size. I haven't actually measured them but they definitely not the same.

Chris White

Second Unit
Do they cause too much glare or is it unnoticable?

Unnoticeable.

any pics?

Posters mounted above couch.

Are you glad you purchased the snap-open frames?

Yes, very.

Do you change your posters often?

I change them a few times per year. I put these poster up during the holidays: Holiday Poster1 Holiday Poster 2

Do the posters start to wrinkle because they are not professionally framed/mounted?

Not yet.

tom derby

Agent
I'm sorry I should of asked. Do you have a projector or a RPTV? My frames are on either side of my room and with the projector I do get a noticable glare. Chris white's theater has a RPTV and i beleive his frames are behind the couch and not on the sides of the room. Hope this helps.

Keith M.

Second Unit
I have a FP system in my theater. I am still undecided. I am starting to lean towards a set of original insert posters and have them professionally framed/mounted. More money, but Im afraid I wont be 100% satisfied with the temporary look of a snap-open poster frame...

Are the frames completely flat against wall or do they protrude alittle like a more expensive frame? Im referring I guess to the thickness of the frame material.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Well, I finally decided to go with original movie inserts. Very expensive, but hopefully once professionally framed it will be well worth it.

I went back and forth between the snap-opens and a professionally framed poster for months now. I decided I was not interested in changing out the posters. I was more interested in owning a piece of history. Only the posters of movies that continue to mean so much to me. And the movies that inspired me to build my own theater.

So I chose the following original inserts:

Star Wars (style a insert) - getting very hard to find

Alien (original insert)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (original release insert)

Once I have them framed/mounted, I will post pictures of my completed home theater.

:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks