What's new

Fox: QUEST FOR FIRE (1981) (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Just caught this film in scope on Fox Movie Channel again. I would love to see this most unique and fine film come to DVD in all its widescreen splendor. As it stands now, I kick myself for passing up the widescreen laserdisc years back.

The film features quite an assemblage of talents both in front of and behind the camera: director Jean-Jacques Annaud, writer Gerard Brach, spoken language creator Anthony Burgess, body language creator Desmond Morris, composer Phillipe Sarde and stars Everett McGill, Rae Dawn Chong, and Ron Perlman.

This ambitious film tells the story of three prehistoric tribesmen who journey to find the fire that their clan has lost. Fascinating film with an amazing attention to detail to recreate a world of 80,000 years ago.

Fox, please consider an anamorphic OAR DVD of QUEST FOR FIRE. Other extras are gravy in my book.

Jon

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Just caught this film in scope on Fox Movie Channel again. I would love to see this most unique and fine film come to DVD in all its widescreen splendor. As it stands now, I kick myself for passing up the widescreen laserdisc years back.

The film features quite an assemblage of talents both in front of and behind the camera: director Jean-Jacques Annaud, writer Gerard Brach, spoken language creator Anthony Burgess, body language creator Desmond Morris, composer Phillipe Sarde and stars Everett McGill, Rae Dawn Chong, and Ron Perlman.

This ambitious film tells the story of three prehistoric tribesmen who journey to find the fire that their clan has lost. Fascinating film with an amazing attention to detail to recreate a world of 80,000 years ago.

Fox, please consider an anamorphic OAR DVD of QUEST FOR FIRE. Other extras are gravy in my book.

Jon

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Yes, I second this request. I grew up near Lion's Head where they filmed some of the cave scenes. I was so excited to see the places I had been on the big screen. My mother bought this on RCA Selectavision in the early 80's and it was quickly worn out from repeated viewings...I would love to see it in OAR. Those pre-bow arrow chuckers were awesome.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
An excellent and very unique film which I would buy on DVD in a second.

You might want to consider having this thread moved to the Studio Feedback section once it gets a few replies.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Oh, I just replied to a similar thread in Software.
Yup, I'd be down for a copy of this on DVD! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayrel2015
Recent bookmarks