What's new

Fox Cinema Classics Collection (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't know whether these will end up in the 'Cinema Classics' line, but DVD Planet is also showing William Wellman's Thunder Birds, and a Valley of the Dolls SE for June (and Come See the Paradise).

DVD Pacific adds a Beyond the Valley of the Dolls SE.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Those Wal Mart editions of The Robe, demetrius and the Bible showed up at the FYE/cocoanuts chain today.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Costco also has them for about $9.99 each or so. I don't think these were Walmart exclusives otherwise these would be at Sam's not Costco.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Prince of Players - the Richard Burton film?
This has never been on home vid before.
Any specs - extras?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I still have a few odd 35mm Scope frames from PRINCE OF PLAYERS, but unfortunately they have all turned pink.

I haven't seen the movie in a long, long time, so it would be good to revisit it again sometime.

I once read somewhere that British Cinemascope films were nearly always recorded in Mono.
Does anybody know if Fox demanded that their British Scope films be in Stereo?

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit
Oddly enough, while THE ROBE and THE BIBLE were about $13 each, the local Wal-Mart was selling DEMITRIOS for $5.50. Yes, in the new packaging.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor

Doug, several of the British Fox CinemaScope pictures were mixed in 4-track Stereo. They were either mixed at Shepperton or MGM-Elstree. For example, the first was "THE DEEP BLUE SEA" mixed at Shepperton in 1955. "ISLAND IN THE SUN" and "INN OF THE SIXTH HAPPINESS" were mixed at MGM. If J.B.Smith's name was on the credits, it was done at MGM.
The production sound, as far as I know, did not utilise the three microphone technique that Fox used at their Hollywood Studio.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Stephen PI - still no answer on Prince of Players. - where have you found this out. NOne of the retailers nor foxs new brocheres for this series show any such release.

Meanwhile, two more titles with new covers HAVE shonw - Francis of Assisi and Agony and the Ecstacy.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I saw All About Eve at Tower Records about a month ago with a new slip cover featuring original poster art over the old
Fox Classics case. I am sure it was the exact same release with a new slip cover. The slip cover was the same poster as inside with the four main characters walking .

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor

Sorry, I don't understand you.
Doug gave a list of wanted Fox titles and "POP" wasn't on it. Is there something I did wrong?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I misunderstood. Throughout this topic, we have been reporting titles in the new fox cinema classics series with the new cover and thats what I thought you were reporting.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Doug, they reallyshould put us in charge of programming at Fox.
Have they eve shown Untamed widescreen down where you are?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
It has been many years since UNTAMED was even run here, let alone in Widescreen.
But as always, I live in hope.
I'll certainly let you know if it turns up.

Quote: "They really should put us in charge of programming at Fox"

I think that we would quickly send Fox broke.( Although there have been some strange choices from people on the Fox payroll)
Still we would have fun and would make a lot of people, including ourselves very happy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks