What's new

Forrest Gump (1 Viewer)

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Last night I got one of my (and my wife's) most anticipated DVDs: Forrest Gump.
The fun thing about living in Mexico, so close to the US border, is that some retailers that get their DVD titles from their American distributors, don't really know about release dates. So, I'm lucky to find most of the titles on their shelves around two weeks before the release dates.
Anyway, I'm not a professional reviewer, but I can say that Columbia realeased a wonderful product with Forrest Gump. I like that it is released on a white colored double Amaray keepcase. I'm a fan of having the great movies in double Amarays so that they stand out from others in my collection.
The video looks great, but (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I noticed edge enhancement. The Dolby Digital 5.1 audio is mostly up front, as most of the movie is dialogue, but in scenes such as the Vietanm War your surround speakers will scream!
Just a quick note: the movie does have chapter stops.
I still haven't watched all of the extras, so I'll let you pro reviewers tell us in detail about these discs. I just wanted to let you know about this title, because I saw another thread last week asking for any early reviews.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I dont know who owns the distribution rights to Forrest Gump in all the other regions, but Paramount has the rights in Region 1. So if your disc is really a Columbia disc, then you dont have an R1 disc.

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, you're right. It is Paramount, sorry for this error. It is a Region 1 disc.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Thanks for the early word, Jenaro. I'm expecting my copy tomorrow, hopefully I can get through a good part of it to chime back in here and offer up some thoughts. Sounding good though...
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks