What's new

For those who have heard them, how does Axiom compare against Paradigm Studio line? (1 Viewer)

ChaseHanna

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, as Brian said I purchased some JMLab Chorus speakers in Austin this past weekend. As soon as everything arives I will write a review for you guys. Thanks again!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I heard some Axiom towers(forget the model #) that were hooked up to a Parasound 2205 220 wpc amp hooked thru a Denon 3802 preamp with the Denon's amps driving the rear centers in a 7.1 type setup.

To me during music even with the very nice and extremely warm Parasound amp the Axiom's were slap-you-in-the-face bright and way over the top in terms of forwardness. The treble just hit you. Paradigm's while very musical can get bright but to me make it up in other areas that the Axiom's don't deliver in. The Paradigm's I heard were Studio 40's.

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
since chase already bought some speakers, are you still going to post your review Galen? :D

Fong: Yes, I still plan to post a review. Chase may have already bought speakers but as I said in my earlier post I'm sure there are others who are interested.

I will try to post a review of the Axiom M22ti's today. It is interesting that my experience with them is slightly different than some of the other posters. I didn't find them quite as forward and in-your-face as Shane and James apparently did; though I will certainly agree that they are more forward than the Paradigms. Keep in mind that I have listened to the Axioms for 6 months and prior to that the Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.1 for 1 1/2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks