What's new

For people who've seen TNG on DVD, is it worth getting rid of my laserdisc's? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
This might have been posted already, if so I sincerely apologize and one of them moderators is free to take it off.

Anywho,

I'm looking to hear (or read) what people think about the TNG dvd's..

Howabout the pros and cons?

Are these "must buys" or am I better or just as good buying the laserdisc's?

FYI, the laseriscs are going about $2-$5 for every disc of 2 shows.

Nathan

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, Nathan, considering the first season doesn't even hit the streets until March 19, it's pretty safe to say no one here has yet seen the discs (and if they have they probably can't talk about it yet). The possible exception would be Paramount's Martin Blythe, and he may be a little biased. ;)
Given Paramount's track record with the TOS release, I'm looking forward to these sets - I'm sure they'll look (and sound) great! Remember, they will have a 5.1 soundtrack which the lasers do not.
I would imagine we'll start seeing pre-release reviews in early March. Until the, check out the cool boxes you can see on the main forum page. They're calling you... :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Unless you have a complete TNG collection, don't plan on building one without some bucks. While the majority of the episodes are dirt cheap, a few are rare and sell for more than their original price. Unless you find an uninformed seller, of course.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I'm sure they're gonna be great...I for one am going to buy...now of only the would re-issue TOS on abox set, or at least offer some sort of "package deal" on buying all the TOS discs at once or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks