What's new

For Love or Money 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Because no one demanded this thread, here it is!

After 2 shows, we are now down to 7 suitors for Erin. Each guy still thinks they'll get both Erin and the $1 million prize if she picks her. Erin is doing her best to find the one guy who'll pick her over the money at the end, thereby doubling her prize to $2 million.

At this point, I really don't think any of the guys will pick Erin over the money. Time will tell...

In the disclaimer at the end, Erin will get some unspecified "consolation" prize in the event that the guy picks the money over her.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
One interesting note is that Erin is the daughter of former NFL QB John Brodie (who happens to have some sort of serious medical problems right now).

This show hasn't really had any decent dirt so far -- lunkheaded guys, somewhat boring girl ... yawn ....

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I missed the second half of the 2nd show. I also don't think there is a single guy that will pick the girl over the money. All they have been talking about is the money, and 'early retirement' (yeah right, that is going to be a wakeup call) and ka-ching.

I don't know what I would do though if I were on the show. Being a hopeless romantic and with Erin being somewhat hot I probably would go for it. I'm that desperate. :D

Does anyone else keep getting reminded of Zora with Erin?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ummm...from the neck up? (and that's a stretch)

Erin seems just so much more outgoing than she was on FLOM 1. It's almost like watching 2 different women.

Erin knows what's going on because she's been through it all. She's been in the guys' shoes. She's had to make the choice that will be presented to the last couple of guys at the end. There may be one final twist, but I can't imagine what that may be.

The cat-n-mouse game is not only to see if Erin can find the guy who wants her for her, but not to spill the beans about the money (her own agenda of doubling up her prize from the last game, and her own familiarity of the house the guys are now staying in), but to see if money does factor in how these guys go about trying to win Erin's heart enough for her to pick that one guy. What's funny is that it sounds funny to categorize the guys in it for money as "gold diggers", I'd offer "pragmatic".

Thank goodness Erin booted Munch to the curb, he was totally in it for the money. I smiled evilly when she sent Richard packing last week.

At this point, Greg and Wade are the odds-on favorites at the end. The other guy, Eric could be a spoiler if Wade's insecurities don't get the best of him.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah from the neck up. ;) I don't know what it is but every time I just see a glance of her it reminds me of Zora. I don't know, must just be because they are both women. :D

I am curious if they are going to try and pull another twist too. Maybe if it is looking like the guys are definately there just for money, they will try and put some new incentive on them to pick to the girl?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
NBC would rather the guy pick the money over Erin because they'd save $1 million in the process by not having to pay Erin $2 million for convincing a guy to pick her over the money.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Munch is still in the group.

i think the only guy so far that would have picked Erin was that indian guy....too bad he got booted!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand guys like Eric either, but the rest are lunkheads as well.

It was pretty obvious that Vic took the money because his self-confidence was really shot by not only the double date, but Eric got in his head with his droning on and on about his double date.

Gotta love the Rob twist: You caused me to lose my job, prepare to die! You caused me to lose $1 million (over 40 years), prepare to die! You caused Paige to cry all night, prepare to die!

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I think, it's going to be interesting next week. When the guy from Love 1 comes and join the guys in the house. I'm sure, the secret of how she turned him down for a $1 million will come out. Eventually, NBC will annouce to the guys that Erin will get $2 million dollars - if she gets the guy to pick her instead of the money. It's going to be interesting how this one turns out.

I have a feeling - any guys would pick the $1 million dollar over Erin. I mean, a guy with money will be able to get any ladies he wants. The guys on the show seemed young and not ready to settle down yet.

-bruce

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. There's a boy down the street that makes the same ($25k/year) and I don't see women throwing themselves on him. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Anyone still watching?

I thought it was pretty interesting when Rob came back. The responses from the rest of the guys were priceless. :D

Even more surprising was that they gave Rob and Erin the 'perfect date'.

And most surprising was that Erin kept Rob around for the next round, or last 3 guys. She got rid of Eric whom she seemed to adore. His look was also priceless...the winey money grubbing bastage. :)

It would be a pretty interesting turnout if Rob and Erin do match up this time. I think that Rob is actually sincere with his feelings towards Erin and that she is finally figuring that out. Pretty good chance there for them both to end up with more money than they thought when it all started.

Edit: Because reality shows are starting to blend into one for me. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The guy's name is Rob, not Evin. (That threw me for a bit, I thought the producers brought in another suitor after Rob). :)

I sort of think that Rob might be using his recent past (with Erin) to blindside Erin because she broke his heart. It could be revenge, or it could be real attraction on his part.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The guy's name is Rob, not Evin.

Yeah, I think someone is remembering that other articulate, sophisticated gentleman from Joe Millionaire, Evan.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And so it finally ends...

Erin gave the heave-ho to Wade, the nice guy with whom she had zero romantic chemistry with.

Erin laid it all on the line for Chad, who almost gave Erin a heart attack when he was explaining his dilemna and appeared to want the money over her, but he was just messing with her mind, and chose Erin over the $1 million. Then Erin told Chad about the other scam, and said that she'd be happy to split the $2 million with him. In a strange and tacky moment, during some cuddling, Erin whips out a check with Chad's name on it and fills it out for $500,000 (what's up with the other $500, 000? Uncle Sam already take a chunk out of it, or was that the present value of the prize, roughly 50% of the prize over 20-40 years).

Anyhow, congrats to the happy couple. Did love really trump money? We still don't know because they got both.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I won't use spoilers for the rest since you already did above and anyone interested probably has seen it by now or will stop at your post.

So be warned....

Talk about a mind fuck with that tease. That was soooo mean. It had me fooled, I'll admit. I was confused over the 500,000 buck check too. She said that she would split the money with him, but I guess she is only splitting 1 million and keeping the other million? That's pretty cheap of her. Guess she is thinking that she 'won' the money with Rob already so it is hers. Doesn't she remember burning that check? I don't know, it seemed very tacky to me.

Curious to see if they stick together. On an interesting note, if they have children, they will have lips that spread back to their ears. They both look like they are sucking on lemons all the time. lol

My complaint with tonights show is that it seemed like a 2 hour show just so NBC could promote their new fall lineup every 5 minutes. Those were practically all the commercials the entire night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks