Flat Screen TV Suggestions Needed...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jack Sampson, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I know I'm killing a dead horse or however it goes but humor me anyway please. [​IMG] I have been looking for a flat screen tv for a while now. I'm getting a little confused. I would like a 42" flat screen tv. It really doesn't need a tuner or audio since that will be coming from my sat receiver and av receiver. Everytime I talk to a sales person, a friend, or a coworker they advise something else. I will use the tv for 70/30 tv/movies. I have a tendancy to leave the tv on alot so I want one that has decent longevity. So can anybody recommend something for around $1500? Muchas gracias.....

2. DougR

DougR Second Unit

A Commercial Type Display would be what your looking for. That's what I use for my Set-up. No need ( for me) for a Built-in tuner, using a Dish Network Receiver and run the Audio from that and my DVD Player to a Onkyo Receiver.

This is the Display I have( minus the Stand) , I chose to Wall Mount mine.
    This Display is on at least 6-10 hours a day with No Problems !

((( CLICK ))))

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I know that there is a 37" direct-display LCD from Vizio that Costco sells for $1499 (maybe it is $1299 now?) It's one of the best pictures I've seen out of the box for LCD TVs.

Otherwise, you could look at 42" plasmas. I doubt you could squeeze one in at under $1500, but maybe you could get close.

As far as longetivity, don't worry. Just turn the contrast and brightness down like you would for any HDTV and try not to leave a static image on the screen for too long (to avoid any burn in.) Otherwise, a flat panel should last just as long as a normal TV, leave it on as long as you like.