What's new

Flat Screen TV Suggestions Needed... (1 Viewer)

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I know I'm killing a dead horse or however it goes but humor me anyway please. :D I have been looking for a flat screen tv for a while now. I'm getting a little confused. I would like a 42" flat screen tv. It really doesn't need a tuner or audio since that will be coming from my sat receiver and av receiver. Everytime I talk to a sales person, a friend, or a coworker they advise something else. I will use the tv for 70/30 tv/movies. I have a tendancy to leave the tv on alot so I want one that has decent longevity. So can anybody recommend something for around $1500? Muchas gracias.....

DougR

Second Unit
A Commercial Type Display would be what your looking for. That's what I use for my Set-up. No need ( for me) for a Built-in tuner, using a Dish Network Receiver and run the Audio from that and my DVD Player to a Onkyo Receiver.

This is the Display I have( minus the Stand) , I chose to Wall Mount mine.
This Display is on at least 6-10 hours a day with No Problems !

((( CLICK ))))

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I know that there is a 37" direct-display LCD from Vizio that Costco sells for $1499 (maybe it is $1299 now?) It's one of the best pictures I've seen out of the box for LCD TVs.

Otherwise, you could look at 42" plasmas. I doubt you could squeeze one in at under $1500, but maybe you could get close.

As far as longetivity, don't worry. Just turn the contrast and brightness down like you would for any HDTV and try not to leave a static image on the screen for too long (to avoid any burn in.) Otherwise, a flat panel should last just as long as a normal TV, leave it on as long as you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks