What's new

Pre-Order Flashdance (1983) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91CdXqbocgL._SL1500_.jpg

Director Adrian Lyne’s electrifying classic FLASHDANCE celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. To celebrate the milestone, Paramount Home Entertainment will release the film for the first time ever on 4K Ultra HD on April 11, 2023.

Newly remastered and approved by Lyne, FLASHDANCE looks and sounds incredible on 4K Ultra HD. The new release also includes the remastered film on Blu-ray™, as well as access to a Digital copy of the film and legacy bonus content.

Originally released on April 15, 1983, FLASHDANCE was a massive hit—becoming the third highest-grossing film of the year in the U.S.—as well as a pop culture sensation. The film was nominated for four Academy Awards® and Irene Cara won for her iconic song “Flashdance…What a Feeling.” Filled with music, drama, and, of course, dance, FLASHDANCE remains an influential and wildly entertaining cultural touchstone.

Jennifer Beals stars as Alex—a fiercely determined 18-year-old with one all-consuming dream to study at the Pittsburgh Conservatory of Dance. Working during the day as a welder and at night as an exotic dancer, she bravely pursues her dream and undertakes an unforgettable journey that reveals the power of her convictions.

Bonus content includes the following:

• Filmmaker Focus: Director Adrian Lyne discusses Flashdance
  • The Look of Flashdance
  • Releasing the Flashdance Phenomenon
  • Theatrical Trailer
In addition, in celebration of its 40th anniversary, FLASHDANCE will return to select theaters on April 26th & 30th. Tickets for this special engagement presented by Fathom Events and Paramount Pictures can be purchased at www.fathomevents.com or at participating theater box offices.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I opened this film at my theater to sell out crowds when it was first released. I remember there were two girls that came out of the bathroom and we had one sheets outside and inside next to the rest rooms. Both girls were combing their hair and I was standing behind the candy stand listening to their conversation. One of the girls pointed to the one sheet and told her friend " that's what I want to be when I grow up". When you run a chain of theaters, there are a lot of stories that go hand in hand with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks