What's new

First Time HTIB Help (1 Viewer)

HI I am new to both this site and to Home Theater. I would like some advice on a first time purchase. The system will be for my family room which is not real large so I do not need a booming setup. It will mostly be for DVD but will also play music on it. I have a Proscan 32"TV and want to spend around $400-$500. I would also like to retire my CD Changer and get a DVD changer that will also play MP3s. I was looking at the 2 Panasonic HTIB solutions.

SC-HT70 - combines a DVD changer in the receiver and is I believe rated at 300W. Not sure if I like the changer built into the receiver though it does save me space.

SC-HT290D - both DVD and Receiver units and more power.

Anyone have any thoughts on these 2 systems for a first time buyer? Any other systems out there with an MP3 changer to look at?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Will Moir

Auditioning
Brian,

I've heard many, many good things about the kenwood htb504. It comes with a reciever, speakers and a sub, and from what I've heard the reciever and sub are better than what you'd get in any other HTiB. You can get it at sears really cheap because they pricematch online vendors. If you can get sears to pricematch mjshow.com you could have it for $379. I don't know if that would leave you enough money to get the dvd changer that you want, though...

Also, I'm don't really know much about home theater myself, I'm just going on what I have heard from other people. I'm in basically the same situation as you, except I only need the reciever and speakers so I'm 90% sure that I'm going to get the htb504.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks