What's new

First Setup, (Paradigm).............. (1 Viewer)

ColtonA

Stunt Coordinator
I have not been involved in home theater at all and im just getting into it, after reading and doing my homework this is my first proposed setup. Im on a budget and from Canada so I can get awsome deals on Paradigm, what do you guys think?..............

Paradigm Titans for fronts
Paradigm CC-170 center Channel
Paradigm Atom for rear surrounds

I havnt decieded on a sub but I want to get this out of the way first. Remember im on a budget and I have never owned a home theater before so do you guys think this will do the trick for me? I want some sort of basis to start this hobby off with. Thanks!

DavidY

Supporting Actor
That's a pretty nice entry level system. Have a listen and trust your ears. Other Canadian speakers that are well regarded include: PSB, Energy, Mirage, Axiom.
The Atom's may work well for the mains too. Make sure that you add a good woofer like a Sony SAWM-40 (street CDN$250, retail CDN$300). Paradigm makes the PDR entry level series for subs. Energy and PSB makes entry level subs too.
Info on the Sony sub:
http://www.sonystyle.ca/webapp/comme...1&cgrfnbr=2105
Dave

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Colton:

Before I upgraded, I was running Atoms in the front, a cc-70 in the middle, Micros in the rear, and a PDR-10 sub. For an entry level system, it was really a nice set-up. I lasted about a year with it before I got upgrade-itis, but I can tell you that if I *had* to stick with that system for longer I would have been more than okay with that. The only reason I upgraded after a year was because I had a financial window where I was able to do so for a short time. But for the money, I was very happy with that ensemble. In all honesty, I really don't think you'll notice much difference between the Atoms and the Titans. You may want to consider just grabbing Atoms all the way around. I'm sure the same could be said for the Titans, but when I upgraded I put my Atoms on Ebay and got within $35 of what I paid for them, and that was a year later. Anyway, you'll be happy with either speaker....you really can't go wrong.

keir

Stunt Coordinator
sounds like a good system :) i returned your PM, sorry it was a little late.
Other Canadian speakers that are well regarded include: PSB, Energy, Mirage, Axiom.
agreed. i havnt heard any but axiom and paradigm myself, but many on this and other boards have attested to the quality of all these brands (and many more). you should definately audition as many speakers as you can before you make the final decision.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
It will sound great! IMO, I think that's the best that can be done for the amount you'll spend. I disagree with Alan though, I think the Titans are well worth the small amount over the Atoms. Have you decided on a receiver yet?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not only would I stay with Titans as mains, for the small difference in price, I would step up to Titans as surrounds also. :) I'm using two Titans and a CC170 as surrounds.
This was my first setup as well, and I traded in my Atoms for another pair of Titans within a month or two. The Atoms sound clearer because they don't go as low as the Titans, but that small amount of extension was noticable, IMO. Set to small, which both should be, the difference is much less, but I still felt the Titans sounded better with a bit more available in the lower midrange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks