What's new

First Long Motorcycle Trip (1 Viewer)

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I covered 2400 miles from last Tuesday until this past Sunday. I visited all of my family in Texas, and a few friends. Had a really great time, though I pushed too hard to get home.

Pics from Houston at my sister's house:

Seems like not that long ago when I was thinking about a bike, then which one to buy, and now this.

I also went to my first rally the weekend before, Aspencash, in Ruidoso. We did some nice ride through the mountains. Very sweet.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome! I love hitting the road on my bike! The world is a much more beautiful place when you view it in the open air on two wheels. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Anyway, is that a Yamaha? Pretty sharp bike. What model? I've got a V-Star 1100. Nothing too fancy. I thought about a Harley Davidson, but my wallet kept me from going that route. Plus, they're built pretty much the same as the Japanese bikes nowadays.

I went on a bike trip with my father not too long ago. We started out in Dallas and went up through Colorado to pan for gold in the Arkansas River. It was a great experience. I think I'll be touring a little further when it starts to get a little cooler. I seem to be able to ride at longer intervals without getting unfomfortable when it's not so hot.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
It's a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad. Power for days. :D

I swapped the saddle for a Mustang wide touring model with driver backrest, but I need to add some handlebar risers for a more relaxed grip.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Wow that's some serious mileage! I haven't gone on a bike trip like that for years. Hope you changed the oil before you left!

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Yeah, I got the 3000 mile service done early, also had a throttle lock installed at the same time.

Six thousand mile service will come up quick.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Is the brake light a part of the license plate frame? That's pretty sharp. New Mexico is a beautiful state, btw.

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
That's just a reflector. The light is below. I suppose people will not be surprised to see a Judas Priest song title on a bike vanity plate. Some six letter form of "Manilow Rocks" would have been a bigger surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks