What's new

First impressions from the DLS (TINY MIGHTY) Long!! (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Chuck - Sorry about that -

I know if you add a second sub you get an instant 3 db's (or is it 6?) of output. Add some equalization to that, and you can bring out the deepest possible tones (as long as you stay above the box tuning, probably 27hz or so on this?) while reducing peaks that make the sound "boomy".

So 2 subs would just cruise along while one would be sweating...

Joe Burch

Grip
My Tiny Mighty was ordered today. Can't wait although I hope mine isn't DOA since there seems to be some defects here in this batch.

I'm eagerly following this forum for news and tweaks to the DLS, so keep the info flowing folks!

Thanks

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Theoretically, two subs stacked in the same corner will give you a 6dB increase in output. In reality it's more like 3-4dB. Also, you'll get a slight increase in extension, but only by a few Hz.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
So, what is this equalization dealie? I am not running a separate amp system (Denon 1803), but I suppose given a mono EQ, I could tweak on the LFE out before I feed it to the sub?

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine today.....DOA. I'll be sending this back and you can bet I won't be paying for shipping. Sounds like the amps on this batch were bad.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Parts express is coming through for everyone. Eric for PE emailed me and said to very carefully remove the amp and THROW IT AWAY!!
Seems like another bad shipment he said so he will be sending an UPGRADED better amp to me. E-mail them and they will take care of all of your problems. Awesome support from a great company.
:)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
When I calibrate my two Vel stack individually and then power both of them up I get a 6db bump and when I meter certain scenes I get a 5-6 +db bump. If I part the subs I will get a 3db bump and a -cancellation effect if I do not part them correctly.>Right location.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
So, say I go a little nuts (okay a LOT nuts...) and do a half-dozen tiny mities in a stack... What would be the theoretical results?

Jose G

Supporting Actor
You would kick yourself for not saving those bucks and having Brian Bunge build you something that went deeper, cleaner, and louder in the first place:D
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Joe Burch

Grip
Man, it's that kind of stuff that makes me wince now that I've entered my credit card number and ordered the DLS. Course, after I ordered my new system I started looking at upgrades and I haven't even gotten the components for the new one yet - lol. Geez, are we sick or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks