What's new

First Gran Turismo 4 screens! (1 Viewer)

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Speaking of these screens... in the article they mention some of the shots are obviously renders, I'm actually hoping they are wrong there. When the ps2 hardware is pushed people seem to instantly think the screens aren't realtime, (MGS2 anyone?) and yes alot of the time they are, but lets just hope they actually HAVE pushed the hardware that hard (that shot of the Viper in the warehouse is SWEEET!). I have enough faith in the GT team to believe that all of these shots could potentially be realtime. GT3 redefined what the PS2 was capable of and I'd expect nothing less from the followup.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Renders or not, jaggies probably wouldn't show up in blurry magazine scans. Plus if early reports are true that the game supports 480p, then it's likely jaggies would be minimal anyway.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I second that. Along with Need for Speed underground, all my car racing needs will be met.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I just hope they bring back some of the thigns that were left out of GT3(used cars, certain tracks, etc). GT3 was good but it felt rushed. Hopefully they'll take the time to make this one the ultimate racing game. In terms of features, number of cars, and music, the series peaked at GT2 but let's hope GT4 changes that

David Preston

Supporting Actor
AAron thanks those were some awesome pics. That rally racing looks so good. Now I am really excited wish the date would hurry up and get here.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Those screens are being rendered at a resolution higher than 480p. I'm guessing they use the graphics engine but not "in-game" graphics and are outputting it from the dev kit.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Looks really good!

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm sure those are the models and textures the game will have, but it's definately not going to look like that on your TV. The Gran Turismo 3 screenshots looked great too, but they did the same thing, taking them straight out of the dev kit, which eliminates artifacts such as jaggies.

I'll be shocked if GT4 doesn't ship laden with jaggies and flickering, but it will be a very pleasant type of shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks