What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

First Ever Season Set on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yuppers, that would be the one. It was released on May 9th, 2000. Sex & The City Season 1 came a few weeks later on May 23rd.

Gord

Kelly W

Second Unit
What about Monty Python's Flying Circus? Does that count?

I'm pretty sure we owned the season sets of that before The X-Files was released.

It looks like they were released in September of 1999.

-Kelly

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Monty Python DVDs weren't released as complete season sets. They came out as two-disc boxes with 3 eps per disc.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Ah the good ol' days... :) I remember recieving the First Season of The X-Files upon release. It felt so special, because I wanted it so bad ever since buying the individual VHS compilations. Damn that was 4 years ago! I thought it'd take forever to have the complete X-Files series on DVD, especially since it was still going at that time.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I know the first season set I ever heard about was "The Simpsons" Complete First Season. I was actually listening to my local radio station one morning and they announced the new DVD releases for that week. I'd never heard of ANY show (including X-Files) being made available on season sets at the time. But when they announced "The Simpsons", I was in awe. At that precise moment, I grabbed my wallet and bolted to the mall to pick it up. It wasn't until then that I learned that it wasn't the only show available in the form of season sets.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I was one of the lucky few who got the crappy packaging on X-Files. Man, that sucker came apart in no time!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
What is the biggest TV-DVD set (the one with the most discs)? I'm guessing it's either the Monty Python one (I don't know how many discs are in it) or the Avengers Emma Peel Megaset.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, both of those are mega-sets (combined sets of previously released volumes). If you're counting those then it would probably be one of the Star Trek sets released overseas - I believe you could purchase the Borg Cube containing the entire NG run - all 48 discs.

Gord

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. :b

I was just making a joke. It was a serious question. Sorry if I derailed it. How many discs were the original release of Star Trek:TOS or the Twilight Zone?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry about it. I knew you and Dane were joking. I just wasn't familiar with Romper Room which is why I didn't acknowledge your joke.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Romper Room was indeed a fine show for much of its run, but many fans, myself included, feel the show sadly started to jump the shark in its 37th season.
and i doubt i will be picking any up after Season 16

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks