What's new

Firmware 2.0 to enable TrueHD5.1 (1 Viewer)

mfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michel Fabien
Actually the -10 dB difference is for the sub and it applies for both DD Plus and DD TrueHD.

My current resolution in this matter is to leave speaker level at 0 dB for all speakers and increase the Gain at the sub by 2 o'clock over setting for SPDIF playback.

With the above settings I can toggle between SPDIF and the analogs to get a good understanding of how DD TrueHD compares with DD Plus (as delivered in DTS format by the receiver's decoder). Before toggling, I make sure to select a passage where there's little LFE, if any, for the sub's current Gain setting to deal with. Otherwise, I would reduce the sub's Gain before toggling to SPDIF.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Is the information/instruction sheet that accompanies the disc Tosh sends the same every time? I note that the 2.0 sheet says "This firmware upgrade addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related problems identified by Toshiba."

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yeah Michael, that's the one. But my question is for anyone who's received more than one disc from Tosh: has each been accompanied by a different instruction sheet with a different brief explanation of what issues the upgrade supposedly addresses?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks