What's new

Finally.. I'm joining the club of SVS owners!!! (1 Viewer)

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the comforting words guys...
My wife has no idea what this thing looks like! All she knows is that I've been talking about the SVS for about two years. My two sons and one daughter have no idea also. All they know is that Dad's stereo sounds great, Now!
My relatives bring movies to our house just because of the surround, etc... I don't know, maybe I'm hoping for too much... Enough of that... What I'll do is give a blow by blow of the arrival, unpacking, setup, etc.... I'm all digital so I can even include pics...
Today is Saturday and I'm watching the Eagles vs Giants game. Tomorrow is a pretty full day. I'm sure the time will pass by quickly and it will all be worth the wait.!!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Leon I feel so bad for you. I just received a package from UPS that was supposed to go to a Leon in Brookhaven PA. Could this be you? It says SVS on the box and the box is very big! It could just take a extra week or two for that box to come your way?:frowning: :frowning:

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
What the hell does UPS do on the weekends... I'm sure they have workers making time and a half.
My beautiful baby is just sitting in someplace named Middleburg Heights, OH since 9:38 PM!
Do you think it wants its "Daddy" to drive over to pick it up?????:b It must be awfully lonely, it's like leaving your dog in the kennel when you go on vacation!!!!
Damn it!!!! This is just awful, I hate waiting... I hate it!!!! Plus... the Eagles lost to the Giants!!!:thumbsdown: :frowning:

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Leon I know this to be true, when buying electronic componets you want one with low miles, your sub is in the back of one of their trucks either at a terminal or riding around. Remember not long ago when you ordered something shipped UPS everything would almost be overnight, then they changed, not enough call for overnite, 2nd day air etc. I personaly know of things I bought from a place in Florida where I used to buy a lot. Ground was always overnight untill they changed then ground from that location was 3 days except for the holiday rush when it all came together again. I used to get iritated by my componet bouncing up and down the highway, hence the milage, it is really bad when they miss you and take it back. I think some locations will let you pick it up at the terminal saving the road miles, I dont know about your location. There is Sat delivery (I think UPS at a premium price does this)
I would check to see if you can pick it up tuesday night, I am sure it is going to sit on the truck over the 1st scheduled for delivery on the 2nd.
Lord knows I dont want to fan the flames, I hooked my SVS to my computer to hear you pacing the floor, dont make a path in the rug. . .BTW it is not far to Penn. should be overnight, if it was in Ohio today it will be in PA tomorrow. . . Callem up UPS I mean and see if you can pick that puppy dog up. . .

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
That's it!!!! I'm going to enjoy my weekend and vacation. My worrying about the water heater is not going to make it appear any faster. When the woofer gets her, it gets here! Right now, the wife and I are going to sit down and watch the Minority Report. The system setup I have now sounds great and it will give me one more thing to compare the SVS to.
One thing I can say though is that I'm very happy to be able to finally join in on threads that will be asking questions about the SVS. I've been reading this forum and others for quite some time and have been jealous of all of you. Now, I've joined the club. I know it was a very expensive gift to ask for and I knew if I asked for it I would get it, but my birthday is January 9th and I specifically told the family not to give me anything except for a Betta fish. The old one died Christmas day after 3 years.. (they only are supposed to last 1-2 years!!)
Damn... why do I go on and on when I write on this forum?
Well, I'm not finished.....
As for the gift, I'm extremely happy and truly grateful to my loved ones!!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :) :D

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
We are worried about you Leon, you make sure to check in regular and let us know how you are holding up. While watching MR I will bet you ten bucks you cant make it thru the movie without saying SVS. . .

I couldnt. .

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
My sub is on its way. It departed from some God forsaken place called New Stanton, PA.... I had to look it up only to find out that it is near Pittsburgh.... Too bad Dad decided to relocate to Philadelphia instead of Pittsburgh 36 years ago...
The UPS thingy says that the expected arrival date is 1/2/03. The woofer shipped 12/27/02... two business days would be tomorrow, 12/31/02... Am I hoping too much that I may get this thing tomorrow???? Or... should I just be realistic and expect it on Thursday and take the day off?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You might get it tomorrow. Just check in the morning if it made it out on the shipment run.

Mine arrived today, and I gotta say that it is well worth the hype. I think Titan AE threatened to shake my teeth loose.

Jason

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
I hope so!!! I don't think I can take this any longer. Now here's a new one.... wifey says that I'm not to open it until she get's home because it's a Christmas present and she doesn't want to see any tape on the box letting her know that I did open it and taped the box. I'll keep you all updated!!!!!

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason B.... You ordered yours on the 23rd, it shipped on the 27th (the same day as mine) and you got yours today, the 30th and to top it off, your in VA! What was your expected arrival date?

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason B... I've looked back at your responses and you didn't mention the model you ordered. Did you calibrate, etc.? What did you have previously in the form of a sub?
Is it worth the wait, time, money, etc????
Your responses will hold me over til' mine gets here!!!:frowning:

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
If UPS says to expect tha sub on the 2nd then you can bet it will be the 2nd when you get it, and it will be in the late afternoon only because you are waiting for it.
Thats how it works for me. . .

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've looked back at your responses and you didn't mention the model you ordered. Did you calibrate, etc.? What did you have previously in the form of a sub?
I bought the 20-39PCi. It replaces a JBL PW112 which has a bad amp. (and is available for cheap for anyone in the NVA area.) While the JBL was a fine subwoofer for the money, the SVS is a kick in the pants. I calibrated it and put it through a few movies with bass heavy scenes. Ronin, FotR, Dark City, Toy Story 2, but the most impressive was Titan AE. I thought the room was going to shake apart. I can't really see myself ever getting another subwoofer.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks