What's new

Finally.. I'm joining the club of SVS owners!!! (1 Viewer)

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and kids surprised me with a 20-39 PC+ for Christmas. One problem, my son who was doing the ordering, never checks his E-mail daily. After wondering why the sub hadn't arrived by 12/24, he checked his E-mail only to find out that the credit card for which the order was placed, was declined. So he placed the order again on the 24th, I checked the credit card balance and the amount (825.00 plus) has been deducted. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT!!!:frowning:
I'm not a person who likes to wait!!! Today is Thursday, so I should probably expect it by Monday, I hope!!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, my order, which I made on the 23rd, just went out tonight. I expect that it will arrive on Monday.

Jason

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I ordered a 20-39 PCi last Thursday and received it on Monday. It actually would have been delivered 2 days after I ordered it, if it hadn't fallen on a weekend. SVS subs are an amazing sub and I am sure that you are gonna love yours as much as love mine!

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason B...

Did you receive your confirmation yet and the UPS ticket number?

I live in the Philadelphia burbs and I'm really hoping that it may be delivered today!

One can only hope, however, being that I'm on the east side of PA, I still may have the two day wait.

Why is it that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays!!!!!??????

Why, Why, Why???????

I can't sleep, I'm pacing....I'm tired of explaining what a Subwoofer is let alone an SVS to the Christmas visitors who are wondering what new toy I got for Christmas (I always get a new toy every year!)

My biggest fear is that I won't be impressed all that much. My biggest hope is that the drywall in the ceiling will crumble and fall on my head and then I will know that I have arrived in the land of BASS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the latter will happen (minus the falling drywall).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Why is it that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays!!!!!??????
Because that would be convienent, and heaven forbid that UPS does anything convienent. :rolleyes
I swear that UPS is one of the worst delivery companies out there. They don't deliver on Saturday, they won't leave a package unless you leave a note for them to, there are some items that you must be at home to take delivery of, and their "service centers" are never open at convient times.
Jason

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Just called and spoke with Erik...
Wasn't shipped yesterday... will probably be shipped today...
I'm not a happy camper here on this end (I was very polite to Erik though!!!)

My daughter looked at her mother and her brothers and said, "Why did you bother to tell him? Now he's going to be impossible to live with for the whole weekend!!!"
It would have been worse if they hadn't told me that I was getting the SVS only because I would have been pouting because of the sweat suit, socks Christmas gift from the wife!

Looks like I won't get my SVS until Tuesday... New Years Eve... We are supposed to go out that night... Do you think I can fake an illness?

Just think... New Years Eve... the neighbors coming out of their homes, pointing to my house.. saying..."Are those Bombs Bursting In Air???"

I can't wait to be hated!!!!!

Enough for now... I'll vent later!

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason B...

Great for you!!!!
As you now know, mine won't show up until Tuesday!

Very disappointing, VERY!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Jason C...

Whatever you do, don't order on a Thursday or Friday... that will put an extra 2 day wait because of the weekend!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I'm happy because my girlfriend has off until New Years, so she can wait at home while I work. It is the way I wanted to work it. I don't really have the days off to wait at home for UPS to show up sometime during the day...

Jason

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Just got the confirmation and the UPS number.

Pissed little boy here!!!!

It says that my expected arrival date is 1/2/03!

This is from an order that was placed originally 12/14/02.

Everything is OK now, now I have to wait!!!

Hugh Scrivener

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered my 20-39 PC+ on X-mas day...I wouldn't have expected them to do anything that day, I recieved my tracking number today, I work Monday and Tuesday and will finagle the rest of the week off from my boss. Fortunatly its the slow time of year in my industry, so I'll get plenty of playtime with 5 days off....providing it gets here new years eve. I think I'm being supremely calm in only sending one e-mail.
The guys at SVS are great friends to us all....take your time, just not to much time.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Leon,
You need to calm down, take a valium or something.
I just got my new SVS, I think they are (service) incredible, holidays and all. . .
Remember your job is just starting when you get this thing, take lots of time, in the early days I was disappointed, I had been listening to my current subs for over 3 years and at first I did not like the sound from the SVS, I had to get used to listening to a flat response again, now after about 2 weeks it is settling down, the output is better, my ears have adjusted to what good bass is supposed to sound like, it kinda grows on you, now you couldnt take the SVS away.
Remember the worst thing you can do is get in a hurry, so just "mellow" out for awhile.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
:emoji_thumbsup: Utilizing a 25-31PCi for all it is worth. It's plenty loud (very loud in fact) - maybe I should have gone for the 20 or 16hz!
-ELmo

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Leon,
Congratulations on your new gift. Have you been sub-less in the past or if not can I ask what you have been running? It sure would be a good thing to get a gift like that from your wife and kids.;)

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Steve NN....
I've had a sony Sub (SAW-30)for almost 10 years (I think) I also have Polk towers RT1000.... My room sounds very nice with what I have... I've been bass hungry since I was 5, always comparing the floor model stereos of all the relatives and friends... We were a Magnavox family... All relatives bought Magnavoxes... I'll never forget, a friend of mine has a Mom who was seriously into her music... she had the top of the line Magnavox (1974)... Her comment was that she had never seen an 18 year old sooooo interested in a stereo as I was... Little did she know that all I had to do was give her a valium and I would have had that baby apart to find out what made it tick... It was a beautiful piece of furniture... Enough of that...

Guy....
I've been off from work since the 20th.... I go back on the 2nd.... If it turns out that the sub won't be delivered until the 2nd... I'll just use a vacation day because I won't trust anybody to be here to receive my new "TOY"!!!!!
I'm hoping that it will arrive on Monday...
What is it with UPS.... does the stuff just sit for the weekend? You would think that an order that goes out on Friday would be in transit for two days and would arrive on Monday... What's up with that?
As for valium, I don't like taking pills, however, I have resorted to downing a gallon of wine hourly!! :b
By the time my sub arrives, my family will have rushed me to the hospital and I would have to watch everybody enjoying my new sub via videos!!!!!

As for customer service.... I wrote to tech support yesterday (12/27) at 2:23 PM... I received a response from Tom at 6:31 PM... My response was "OH MY GOD.... THEY REALLY ARE GREAT WITH RESPONSES!!!!!" I'm am totally impressed with this whole ordeal!!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I don't mean to add to your anticipation Leon but you are going to be very amazed in a day or two. Good story and be sure to listen to it sober so you will appreciate it all the more. I have given Polk some thought to. They are much bigger than what I was expecting. Well the tower RT 50's are. I think I will go with one more sub first this go-around. A stack of three- yes that's for me.;)

Leon B

Stunt Coordinator
Steve...
The waiting is just horrible!
Since I'm on vacation, I'm going to clean out my bedroom closet and maybe go to a movie or two... I did get some movies for Christmas, however, I refuse to watch them until the new (...!@#$%_) gets here! I can not honestly remember waiting this much for an item ever, ever!!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I here you Leon. I hate waiting. I want what I want and I want it now.:D Patience has never been one of my strong points. As I get older I get a little more of it now and then. It is hard to come by. I just did our finances and decided it best to pay off car. What a bummer on one hand and very nice on the other. I also decided to pay the extra on the house that I do with selling two weeks VayKay a year instead of a weekly drain on finances. I will still have three weeks though. I do all this in my effort to move forward on bass;) . I had things structured in a way that all I would get is heavy artillery and flack when I would bring up buying another sub with my wife. Maybe now it will just be a slingshot? I would never go so far as to dream of one being bought for me though. Good for you on waiting on viewing those movies. I would do the same. You will have to be sure to let us know what you think of your new +sub. I plan on adding a SVS to what I have now in a few months. Another +3db or so is what I am shooting for or would like.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Someone here has to be "Devils Advocate" I guess it will be me. All this Anticipation, This much Energy. It was a very subtle experiance for me, I guess I turned the thing down a little everyday as I mentioned my 2 subs were so fat at 60-80hz that it sounded way too thin when first hooked up, if it wasnt for all the good reviews on the forum I would have unplugged it and threw it out. I really had to learn how to listen all over again. The meter and test tones say I have a flat response (80 down is up 4db but flat on down to 20) and after a few days it started sinking in how good this thing made everything sound. Actually I am glad I wasnt here to receive it, my wife did and I still have the box, I think I would have ate the box if I had to to get at it, but she very patiently removed it folded up the wrapper laid the manuel in my chair. She likes it, I let her pet it from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks