What's new

Films on DVD with Special Editions in the works (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I've seen anyone mention these yet:

Speed

The Hunt for Red October

Stripes

Alien

Blazing Saddles

Patriot Games

Clear & Present Danger

Mission Impossible

The Sixth Sense

Logan's Run

Mad Max

Top Gun

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Maybe I am missing the point. If its not a flipper or in letterbox why wouldn't you buy the DVD now? I have many anamorphic titles I will never re-buy regardless of all the extras they include.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Ernest,

For me, the extras don't mean a lot. I'm looking for the best quality picture/sound. So, I would like to wait for the better quality version if I know it's coming.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Scarface!!! Is this for real? I really hope so becuase this is the worst looking DVD I own, and I think its a classic that needs updating real bad.

Nick White

Stunt Coordinator
The only extras I really look for are commenentary tracks. Beyond that my main concern is anamorphic transfer (OAR of course), and quality sound.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Scarface: Ultimate Edition. New 16x9 director's cut with - get this - a new rap soundtrack produced by Jay-Z.

All I know is that they better have Moroder's score also available.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was mentioned as being a possibility by the Warner folk at the recent HTF chat. George, is this the reason you listed this title here or have you perchance some other evidence as well?
I maintain a list of upcoming titles I'm interested in that have either been announced, or are rumored by dvdfile or the digital bits or mentioned as in the works by studios etc. I don't recall how Logan's Run got on my list (as hopefully coming in 2002), but it might have been the studio chat, or perhaps a digital bits rumor mill or some such.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
This is an excellent thread - I too often wonder if there is a SE in the works that I should wait for.

I don't have any to offer that haven't already been mentioned, but just wanted to say thanks for all the great info.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,

How would they incorporate a "rap soundtrack" into Scarface? This is starting to scare me.

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
Groundhog Day, SE, long overdue IMO.
It's my understanding from a Warner Bros chat that "Unforgiven" "Goodfellas" and "Amadeus" "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and "Usual Suspects" are all due for re-release.
A much rumoured "Memento, SE" but no confirmation.
There was talk of a "Pulp Fiction, SE" maybe even from Criterion, and "Jackie Brown" too.
"Robocop, SE" apparently confirmed. "True Lies, SE"
Those are the big ones I can think of. Much of these won't be confirmed by studios though.
Can't wait for Mad Max, SE

bill lopez

Second Unit
On SCARFACE dvd 1st , they have put out a better dvd on region 2. So when this happens and from posts on this forum hey it must be true it'll be coming out.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
What about Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado about Nothing? Although a special edition hasn't been, to my knowledge, ever officially announced, I used to see it mentioned as rumoured at a couple of dvd sites.

Paul Bartlet

Stunt Coordinator
GoodFellas ! it's currently a "flipper" disc. I got it for Xmas last year, never opened it knowing it was a flipper and as I had read about SE of it coming soon. Still waiting.

George: Alien in your list, I believe the one thats out is very good and is SE, I've yet to see a negative review of it. I have Aliens SE, it's a nice disc, don't really see this getting redone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks