What's new

Field of Dreams: Anniversary Edition.......June 8th (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Does someone want to sell or trade with me for the bonus disc?

How is it packaged... Is it just in a seperate paper sleeve inside or alongside the case or is it a triple amaray?

Does it come with a slipcover?

Btw, I found a ton of screen captions posted at this site: http://www.laserdisken.dk/html/visva...66261110756069

There's a couple of reviews up if you run a Google search...

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Thanks for the heads-up about the bonus disc Eric. Odd that it's at Walmart and not Best Buy.

Sounds like a great disc, but just out of curiosity, are the original trailers included?

Also, on the original disc, wasn't the "isolated score" simply the music that was available on the commercial soundtrack release? I know that's what happened with Legend.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
No problem. There is mention of the bonus disc on the shrinkwrap in a form of a sticker that says something like "only at Walmart: exclusive bonus disc." The disc comes in one of those cardboard sleeves, and it is shrinkwrapped to the back of the case, (so you can eaisly spot if it is there or not.)The film itself comes in a shiny slipcase. My Walmart charged me $19.99 for it. I see no trailers for this film on any of the 3 discs. Sorry.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Eric.

Does anyone want to help a fellow HTF'r obtain a copy of said exclusive package from Walmart?

I'd be more than happy to fully compensate for the troubles as well as postage, I just really want to make sure I get my hands on a copy!

If anyone's not all that interested in their "bonus disc", I'd be willing to Paypal $8-10 U.S. in exchange for just that disc on it's own...

Those of you who weren't all that concerned and might've picked up your set elsewhere could end up saving 50% if it's selling for $19.99 at Walmart as I'd be willing to compensate for half ($10) for the disc as well as shipping which would be next to nothing considering it's packaged in a small cardboard slip and could probably be sent letter mail..

Any takers??

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Glad I stopped in here and found out about that WalMart bonus disc. I was going to keep my copy of the older FoD just for the documentary.

Hopefully my WallyWorld will match or beat Best Buy's $15.99 price on the new release.

Sten F

Second Unit
I would really like to get my hands on this 2-disc set including the Walmart Exclusive Bonus Disc. However, as I live in Copenhagen, Denmark I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out.

I would sincerely appreciate it.

Sten F

Second Unit
Could someone confirm that the 90 minute documentary is not on the Anniversay Edition?

According to DVD Answer the last image on the webpage clearly show the documentary - The Field of Dreams Scrapbook - is on the new edition. We just don´t know how long it is.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Marco and others, I check back with me via PM on Tuesday. I plan to pick this up for myself and there is a Wal-Mart just a couple miles from where I live. I'll see what I come up with.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks so much Evan, I'll send you a p.m. tomorrow...

I really appreciate you offering to help and will fully compensate for your time and effort as well as the disc!!!

Thanks a lot!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm so confused...

The menu caption posted by Sten indicates the following features:

- Starting Lineup (?)

- From Father To Son

- Daring To Dream (?)

- Pitching A Perfect Game: An Introduction To Bret Saberhagen's Pitching Techniques (?)

- The Field Of Dreams Scrapbook (???)

Out of the above listed, only the "From Father To Son" feature was mentioned as a supplemental on the upcoming set...

The following extras are listed at Amazon but do not appear on the menu screen in question:

- The Diamond in the Husks: A look at the baseball set that still exists

- Galena, Illinois: Pinch Hits for Chisholm, Minnesota - A walk through Moonlight Graham's home town

- A Look Inside Field of Dreams: a new 90-minute documentary on the film

- Bravo's "From Page to Screen: Field of Dreams"

- "Field of Dreams Roundtable"

As well as Trivia and Deleted Scenes which might very well be included on the same disc as the feature...

If in fact, the "Field Of Dreams Scrapbook" is included as the above caption seems to indicate - than what's on the bonus disc being offered through Walmart???

:confused:

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
I can't see that image, but I know none of that stuff is on the regular 2-disc editon. It is a screen capture from the Walmart bonus disc for sure.

Oh, and Sten I never got your email. I don't know how to get emails sent to me through this site. I tried to get it, but can't seem to. Your better off just sending it directly to my AOL account if you still need to.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for clarifying again Eric, strange that they'd rehash the "Father To Son" bit twice, on the 2-disc set and bonus dvd. The other extras make it an amazing offer though...

I want this bonus disc even more now!

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Here are the extras that are on the Two-Disc Anniversary Edition...

Disc 1
- From Father to Son: Passing Along the Pastime
(Different edit than the bonus disc one.)

- Deleted Scenes with Introduction by Phil Alden Robinson

- Feature Commentary with Director Phil Alden Robinson
and Director of Photography John Lindley

Disc 2
- Rountable with Kevin Costner, Bret Saberhagen, George
Brett and Johnny Bench

- Galena, Illinois, Pinch Hits for Chisholm, MN

- The Diamond in the Husks

- Bravo Special: From Page to Screen

- America's Stadium Triva

- DVD-ROM

Walmart Bonus Disc
-Starting Lineup

-From Father to Son (Different edit than the
Two-Disc Anniversary Edition one.)

-Daring to Dream

-Pitching a Perfect Game: An Introduction to Bret
Saberhagen's Pitching Techniques

-The Field of Dreams Scrapbook

Sten F

Second Unit

Eric, I have send you a mail through my own mail program.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Okay, here is the screen shot from DVDAnswer:

So, is this menu shot taken from the 2-disc or the Walmart Bonus disc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks