What's new

FFX Side-stories (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Wow - After ten games in the series called Final Fantasy, they have actually determined to make a game a real sequel, rather than just another game with the same controls and feel, but an unrelated series of characters. I'm right in thinking this is a first, isn't it?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Hmm-these could be interesting. Are these going to be sequels, or something like the Euro version of FFX with the alternate sphere grid?

Also, I almost don't want to ask, but any speculation on multiplatform? I don't think that an Xbox version is very likely, but I'm surprised that there hasn't been a PC version of FFX yet.

Finally-I also noticed an announcement of FF 12 on gamespot-is this going back to a single player game, or another PlayOnline stunt...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
No, this is actually a brand new game. Its a direct sequel, not a modification.

And FF12 has been offline single-player from the beginning. They are incorporating online elements, like connectivity to an online guide and things like that, so it will pretty much be what FFX was originally supposed to be - offline single player game with connectivity features that expand the game but are not actually part of it.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I loved FFX, and I can't wait. They mentioned the Yuna and Rikku versions, so that could mean two new games. :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that it means there will be two new games. They even said there would be two new games.

Also, since they are using the same engine and graphics and such, the games should be out by this holiday season (not sure if thats Japan or America).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks