Ferrari (2023)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Ferrari (Michael Mann)

Genre: Drama

Director: Michael Mann

Cast: Adam Driver, Penélope Cruz, Shailene Woodley, Patrick Dempsey, Jack O'Connell, Sarah Gadon, Gabriel Leone

Release: 202?

Plot: During the summer of 1957, former race car driver, Enzo Ferrari, is in crisis. All the dramatic forces of his life are in collision. Bankruptcy stalks the company he and his wife, Laura, built from nothing ten years earlier. Their tempestuous marriage struggles with the mourning for one son and the acknowledgement of another. Enzo decides to counter his losses by rolling the dice on one race – 1,000 miles across Italy, the iconic Mille Miglia.

YANG

Screenwriter
i hope that this movie is kind of prequel to the Ford vs Ferrari and shot in Italian language to bring out that authenticity of the original character... man... there're just too much Hollywood produce that didn't portray the original character's identity well... at least, like what GodFather did.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This is another of those pictures I feel like was announced years ago and still does not yet exist. Love Mr. Mann and look forward to seeing this. I think Pacino was going to play Enzo, that's how old this is, and eventually Driver became the guy. I'll watch anything Mann does.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I hope there's the restaurant scene where Lamborghini confronts Ferrari about the problems with the Ferrari car he's just purchased? It caused Lamborghini to go from being a successful agricultural vehicle (tractor) manufacturer to sports cars!

YANG

Screenwriter
Michael Mann is pretty much a practical effects person... so my guess, the CGI content would probably as high as 25%?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
A positive review from the Hollywood Reporter. An almost rave review from Variety.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I saw this just after Christmas Day. Top-notch filmmaking from a master craftsman, well acted, effectively structured, and often potent. It focuses on a very consequential 3 month period in 1957 for Enzo Ferrari and the company. Driver is quite committed, and Cruz is also exceptional playing his partner and wife. As expected, cinematography is stunningly beautiful and the direction is measured, compact, and impactful. At 80, Michael Mann still has it in spades.

The film and lead performance capture the consuming obsession with racing that characterizes motorsports, a throughline that continues to this day. Cruz really delivers in the film as well, full of energy and passion. In what could have been a thankless role if played incorrectly, she makes it absolutely central to the story.

Last edited:

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I streamed this today and thoroughly enjoyed it, both Adam Driver and Penélope Cruz were excellent. Michael Mann on top form. An interesting posthumous writing credit for Troy Kennedy Martin, famous as the writer of The Italian Job (1969).

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks