What's new

Film Noir - LIST (1 Viewer)

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Okay, here it is from the horse's mouth: July 14 was the original release date of Film Noir, Vol. 1, but it had to be pushed back to November. So--two noir sets, both in November, plus the Fuller box, date TBD.

Mike S.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Thanks very much for the update Mr S. and it's good to know that the two November noir sets and the Fuller box are definitely on the way.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Jipp, must-buys for me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Hope, 2010 will be as good as 09 in regard to Sony classics. ;)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
For what seems (to me at least) to be the first time in a long time, Fox Movie Channel (here in the U.S.) will be broadcasting "Slattery's Hurricane" this coming Saturday, July 4th.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me if VCI's "Edmond O'Brien" double feature of D.O.A. and The Hitchhiker are on par with Image Entertainment's release of D.O.A. in terms of source print and image quality?

I already have the patchy Kino release of The Hitchhiker from their Film Noir collector's set but I'm picking up some past due VCI titles now and want to add D.O.A. to my library... do I opt for this double-feature of stick with the Image release?

Thanks!

larryKR

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any news on Warner Bros. noir box set vol.5? I believe it was in late March in the WB chat on this forum, they stated vol.5 was coming in the next few months. Still no announcement.

Samuel Vimes

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeroen
Yeah, I'm also curious about the 5th box from warner. Their previous boxes have been spectacular, in my opinion (especially 4) and they still got quite a lot of gems they're sitting on. I really hope they're not planning to release these movies via the archive, because of the lesser quality, the dvd-r nature and, worst of all (at least for me), no shipping outside of the US...

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Classicflix is reporting the following on the first Film Noir set by Sony:
http://classicflix.blogspot.com/2009/08/sony-film-noir-classics-vol-1.html

It's expected to be a five disc set with four titles new to DVD (The Sniper, 5 Against the House, The Lineup & Murder by Contract) and a re-release of The Big Heat. Whether or not Heat will be remastered is unknown.

Bonus features are:
  • Martin Scorsese on The Sniper, The Big Heat and Murder by Contract
  • Michael Mann on The Big Heat
  • The Influence of Noir with Christopher Nolan (The Lineup)
  • Commentary with Author's Eddie Muller and James Ellroy (The Lineup)
  • Commentary with Author Eddie Muller on The Sniper

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Robert Siodmak's The Dark Mirror is getting a R2 release in Germany on December 4. It's coming from Koch Media, which generally means a good transfer and removable subs.
Desert Fury is also coming but I doubt if it could improve on the blinding transfer on the extant R4.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Wild Side Video in France announced Fritz Lang's Beyond a Reasonable Doubt and While the City Sleeps for a release in 2010 or 2011.
http://www.dvdclassik.com/news/news_zone1.php

Maybe they are planned for Warner's upcoming Noir set. If not, those French DVDs might be a good alternative.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
It seems, that those two Lang Noirs will be released in December 2010 by Wild Side.

They're also planning to release Johnny Eager in 2011 as part of their LES INTROUVABLES line.
An alternative for those that don't want to buy the Archive disc.

http://1kult.guhmes.com/2009/10/30/le-planning-wild-side-2010/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks