What's new

Fellowship Extended Deals? (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Anyone found an spectacular deals on the extended Fellowship set next month? I'm especially interested in the gift set, those bookends and the fifth disc are just to cool to pass up, but if I can find them for less that MSRP, I certianly won't complain. I'm not expecting another ET for $25 snafoo, but I'll tkae hwat I can get.

Thanks in advance

Brian E

Screenwriter
I think $57.55 shipped at Deep Discount DVD is the lowest price now. There were better deals months ago, but looks like they're all gone now.

Back in when I ordered in June from Amazon they had it for $49 (it's $59 now). They also had coupons. With STL and a coupon you could get it for $42.93 shipped. I threw in a Vividence $10 GC I had so mine is going to cost me $32.93, not to bad.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
$32.93 not to bad? You've got a flare for understatement. So at this point mid 50s is about as good as it gets. Oh well, I guess it's so close, I can hold out a bit longer to see if the prices go anywhere.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
If you're a Costco member, you can pick it up online there at 49.99 plus shipping. I think the total comes to somewhere around 55 bucks (although tax may be an issue as well).

Aaron

John*Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Also on Costco's site the following is included with purchase of both of the coming LOTR DVD sets...a free movie ticket to Two Towers ($49.99 & $5.98 shipping)

Pre-order your The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings Gift Set and receive one adult-admission movie ticket to The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (up to a $10.50 value). Ticket is valid from December 18 - December 31, 2002

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
You're asking about the one with the bookends and extra disc, I think.

Because, Amazon has the 4 disc, 3hr 30 min version for $25.99.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I want a good deal on the full on super set with Argonath bookends.

Costco may win out on release date.

Kevin Hill

Auditioning
I got my copy from Amazon.ca for $79.47CN. Taking in the current exchange rate, i'll pay $50.51US. They're currently selling it for $83.99CN. There's a coupon out there off 10 off 50 (exp 10/31) which takes the price down. Gotta love the exchange rates :D . Amazon.ca also has some of the best prices on many other dvds as well.
Link to LotR: 5 disk
Also link to Amazon.ca Deal Thread @ DVDTalk.
Hope that helps.
Kevin

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone know if the free movie ticket is available if you purchase the set in a Costco store? I'd rather save the shipping charges and pick up the set day of. :) (Normally I don't go for the extra trinkets, but I just moved and I actually need a pair of bookends! Go figure.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks