What's new

Favorite Exit Music? (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
What's everybody's favorite exit music? Music that makes you watch the credits because it's so good. I like The Deer Hunter's exit music, as well as Goodfellas'.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
A lot of us here at HTF watch the credits, good sounds or not.
One that comes to mind is Willow. I was working in a local small theater when that ran and after the last show I'd be alone in the building, closing up as those credits ran. I'm usually comfortable in old places, alone, in the dark....but that chorus of voices went all up & down my spine.

Ryan B

Agent
I really liked the music at the end of Jin-Roh. Beautiful stuff. It made me wish I'd spent the extra dough for the SE.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
My favorite end credits cue of all-time would have to be "The Rebel Fleet/End Titles" from The Empire Strikes Back. It's John Williams at his best, IMHO.

Another more recent cue that's been floating in my head since I saw the film is "Bolero" from Moulin Rouge. Quite a hypnotic, energetic piece.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My favorite is Cheer Down from Lethal Weapon 2.

My second favorite would probably be It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
My favourite exit music (well, song) is the terrific Louis Prima medley "Just a Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody" at the end of Mad Dog and Glory.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
Exit Music (For A Film) by Radiohead in the last Romeo and Juliet. (The only part of the movie worth watching).

Ohh La La by The Faces in Rushmore. (I believe that was the exit music).

Christmastime by Aimee Mann and Michael Penn at the end of Hard Eight.

I guess there are a whole bunch that I love but these are the first three that come to mind.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello all. Oh, so many to choose from. I'd have to say my favorites are E.T., any of the Star Wars films, and Jurassic Park. What can I say, I'm a John Williams nut. Also, Moulin Rouge had an awesome track. I tend to hear many exit music selections not only because I like watching the credits, but when I'm cleaning out my local theater after the film, I always get to hear the credits. I love that! Adios.

AJ Garman

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Great thread! The end credit music can make or break a film's overall mood.
John William's exit music almost always keeps me in my seat. My faves are Close Encounters of the Third Kind & E.T..
I love Alan Silvestri's suite at the end of Contact.
The two songs that play over the end credits of The Fellowship of the Ring (including Enya's "May It Be") work very nicely. Even on my fourth viewing I stayed seated until the final note.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
First thing I thought of was Drew Barrymore, "moonwalking" (exiting) out of the kick-ass scene to Billy Jean in Charlie's Angels :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks