What's new

Fast food drive thru (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'm sorry I have to rant.

I am so sick of getting shafted or the wrong food in the drive thru lately. It happens at all the places, 7 outta 10 times. I'm sick of it. I suppose I'll have to sit there next time unwrap all the stuff just to make sure they got it right.

My friend just went to Taco Bell to get lunch for us. I ordered a steak soft taco got chicken.

Aaaaahhhhh

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
And I'm sure it was REALLY FAST too like they advertise....Fast food has become "Just wait and you'll get your shit when I'm done talking on my cell phone food".

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I never go thru the drive thru, I always go inside to get my food to go as I like to see what the people look like who handle my food (some workers at some restaurants have had so much food spilled and their clothes and some even looks like it's been dried on for more than a day). It gives me the option of leaving if things don't look right.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
You know I agree, hygine could be a little better. I know the Arby's around here are really trying to get their stuff together though.
But then you could look at it this way.
We swallow 4 spiders a year in our sleep....

Mick Wright

Second Unit
I suggest we all prepare our own meals, and eat only out of cans.

Sorry, couldn't resist referencing John Carpenter's The Thing. :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Last time I went to a drive through they forgot to give me a straw. Talk about frustrating.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Speaking of drive throughs, one consistent problem I've had for years is that the term "plain hamburger-meat and bun only" (or "Dry" as they call it in East Texas) means absolutely nothing to some of the dunderheads working at some FF joints.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also never go through the drive-thru's. Leo Getz speaks the truth!

I hate waiting in the drive-thru lines more than just parking the car and going inside to place my order.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Never use the drive-thru, can't understand a word they say on those speakers--must be Bose.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Not sure why they call it Fast, cause its not anymore.:angry: IMHO, it really suks lately. We recently had a new Chicken chain open up, its called Rasing Canes, and its really good, not like KFC, just breast strips, supposed to be fresh and NOT frozen, not too cheap though :emoji_thumbsup:

http://www.raisingcanes.com/[/url]

Shoaib Lateef

Second Unit
it ticks me off as well, how difficult is to take someone's order, and simply double check it before you hand it to them? when they get it wrong (and it happens alot), i feel like saying "yup, there's a reason why you work here and can't get a better job..." but i hold my tongue and haven't done it...yet.

:)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Here's two instances that really ticked me off:

1. When I was really young, about 7 or 8, my dad drove me to the Sonic on the way home from church so I could get a couple of hamburgers. Got the order, then when we got home it must have been some kind of "meatless burgers" - these "burgers" were completely naked! No meat, no ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, or anything on them, just the buns only! Needless to say, we went back to the Sonic and requested a replacement, then when we got the burgers right the second time, the clerk didn't say, "I'm sorry", "Kiss my a--", or anything. Not even a freebie deal for their screwing it up.

2. This happened a couple of years ago. I went to the local Wendy's to get one of those baked potatoes, and the clerk gave me the total and everything. I get to the window with my money, and he just looks right at me with a really pissy attitude and says, "We ain't got no potatoes." I explained that I'd ordered a baked potato and was given the price for it, then the guy continues with his pissy attitude for no reason and says, "I wuzn't talkin' to you!" I went inside, asked to speak to the manager, and I told him exactly what happened with that clerk and his attitude. He said that the clerk had been causing trouble with other customers and would be reprimanded. In turn, I got a coupon for a free combo meal with the works on my next visit.

Now here's what I don't get: why is it that some clerks, when they take your order, you can't understand half of what they say anyway? Because some of them are speaking illegibly to begin with, and through that sound system it comes out even worse than ever. Then when you get to the window, they've already got their hand stuck out looking for a handout, and they don't even have the courtesy to greet you, say "Thank you", "Kiss my a--", or anything. Have mercy...

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Some people are so much better at one-on-one people interaction than others. I pretty much quit going to drive-thrus just because most of them are so bad.

I guess the low pay goes with the poor service in many places. It would be dificult to justify paying an exceptionally good window person $15/hr, but if you could consistently provide good, accurate, cheerful window service, it would be worth it in the long run. Until, of course, you get the bozo in the drive-thru who doesn't know what the hell he wants.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

The customers can be just as rude as the staff. I routinely greet every person that walks through the door of my family's store when I'm working a shift at the register. About 1/3 of the customers can't be bothered to acknowledge my greeting, and about 1/2 of those can't be bothered to say a single word during their transaction at the cash register. Still, they get a "thank you" and a "have a nice day" from me.

What I say after they're out the door is another matter. ;)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

This is a government mandated health requirement.

When working in a fast food restaurant you are only allowed to speak in the rare Southern Redneck Ebonic Jamaican Hispanic Wookiee dialect. When spoken over a waterlogged 50-cent speaker system the resulting sound maintains a dog, insect and rodent-free perimeter of 50 feet around the restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks