What's new

Fast food drive-thru (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Why do people feel compelled to scream obscenities and lean on their horn while waiting in the drive-thru? I'm sitting 4 cars back at Taco Bell as I type this and the guy in front of me is really making an ass out of himself. It would really surprise me if his food doesn't contain a little floor spice when he gets it.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Horn honking is too obvious for use with people preparing your food... I have been known to lookup the phone number on my phone and then call the manager to nicely ask what the holdup is - but only if there is an obvious problem (like a car sitting at the order station for five minutes and no cars at the pick-up window) and always proteted by anonymity... 16yr olds aren't very discriminating when they are distured... right or not.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't condone behaviour like that and, personally, have not seen that type of behaviour at any drive-thru I have been at.

What I would like to know is why people who are ordering the store insist on doing it at the drive-thru window which is meant to be an in-and-out convenience. If someone wants to order a dinner for four then go inside the store and do it. Stop holding up people, who only want an ice cream cone or a single burger order, for fifteen minutes at the drive-thru window. The drive-thru is meant to be a convenience for small orders.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Personally I've never liked the drive through and in this day of "don't let the car idle" it seems to make even less sense. I usually park and order to go. Sometimes I get my order before everyone else waiting in their cars, but even if I didn't I feel better about going inside to order.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'll do this if I see a line at the drive-thru window. I always laugh when I see all of the idiots sitting in a twenty car queue at a Tim Hortons drive-thru. I'll be damned if I would ever sit, idling, in a queue for half an hour to order a two dollar coffee.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
He is possibly:

A)Drunk

B)Really, really hungry

C)Angry about gas prices
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I also hate drive-throughs for many reasons. It usually seems faster to just park and go inside, if the delay is too long you can't get out of line, incorrect orders are a bigger hassle...

The big mystery to me is- how come every time I go inside, they assume my order is to go? I tell them it's "for here" and they almost always ask, then they go ahead and pack it to go. WTF?

This happens at every fast food place.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

It's best to assume that is a standard incredient at ALL eateries.

I too have never witnessed that form of behavior anywhere.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I had a good one the other day. First this woman cuts me off in traffic and makes an illegal lane change on a bridge. Two miles away, I pull into the McDonald's drive-through and sure enough, the same lady is in line in front of me. She pulls up to the speaker and proceeds to order the whole menu, at least that's what it seems like. I can't hear what she's saying but she talks on and on and on. The person on the other end keeps asking questions and there's a lot of back-and-forth. Finally she's done ordering. I order my basic combo in under 20 seconds and I'm done. I pull up behind the woman and the window opens, they hand her two soft drinks, NOTHING ELSE, and she speeds off.

WTF???? I have no idea why it took her so long to order two soft drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks