What's new

Fast food drive thru (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

If you ever do say it, just don't go back there unless you don't mind some extra "matter" in your meal.

I hate to sound cynical but I suspect that happens A LOT (even to polite patrons) just out of spite for their customers.

EricWilliam

Agent
Todd, we have been loving Canes here in BR for many years now..great stuff..if those guys ever went national, they would make buckets of money!!!

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I hate the latest trend, where the restaurants have pre-recorded greetings for the drive thru, saying stuff like, "Welcome to Taco Bell--would you like to try our new Super-Deluxe Mexi-Melt on a stick?" Your natural reaction is to respond immediately, but the order taker is usually not ready for you to speak, so you end up having to repeat everything.

I have a friend who works for AT&T, and apparently the next big thing is nationally centralized drive through order taking. When you pull up to a drive through in a Chicago-area McDonald's, you may be speaking to a person in Houston. That way, the restaurants can do with fewer people (in theory, at least).

Frank Grimes

Second Unit

Woah, there's one in New Orleans now??? I've lost about 5 pounds since leaving LSU just because there weren't any around here. Where exactly is it (site doesn't seem to work)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks