What's new

Farscape: Starburst DVD Problems (1 Viewer)

StevenH

Auditioning
If there is still a vote for the new case type. I'd vote for the non-booklet normal size case. All of the information needed could be easily put on the individual disc art.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I got my 2.3 from Amazon today. I didn't have time to test the discs, but none were off the holders. I got tired of waiting for them to be released back in late Sept so I got the rest from netflix. I'm already into season 4. I noticed a big dip in A/V quality from seasons 1-3 to 4. It's in widescreen which is nice but the video is not nearly as crisp as the previous seasons. The audio is the worst part. I had to turn it up way past what I normally watched seasons 1-3 on. The dialogue is so low but the SFX/music sounds fine. Maybe it's just a bad disc, but hopefully this is fixed for the starburst editions.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I got 2.3 in the mail today.

Tested it out and worked fine.

So I was very lucky in that all 12 of the discs released so far in the Satrburst edition have not had any issues for me.

And hopefully with the format change for future releases, I won't have to ff each disc I get.

Andy

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had one problem in one of the commentaries for "DNA Mad Scientist". The track just skipped the first minute or so. I took the disc out, put it back it and it played fine. Everything else has checked out ok too.

My 2.3 shipped apparently the end of last week...which means I'll see the bloody thing in about three weeks.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
My local Best Buy actually got like six copies of 2.3 in, which is really astounding since they haven't gotten more than one copy of any of these Starburst editions since the first one.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Hey Gord, anyway to convince ADV to just release the last two seasons in season sets?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I had problems with the second episode on several discs of the original season 1 set. I had been thinking of buying a Starburst edition so I could finally watch those episodes without seeing the picture deconstruct. Apparently that isn't an option due to all the problems with the Starburst editions.

Neil

StevenH

Auditioning
Well I got 3.1 today. I'm glad they changed it to 4 discs, but I'm not that thrilled about the new packaging. It's in a black sorta doublewide case with the discs overlapping each other 2 to each side of the case when it is opened. Oddly enough they still threw in the insert which has no home except to just sit in the middle.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have the same thoughts about the new packaging but as long as there are no problems with playback on the DVD's I'm fine with it.

By the way, I just heard back from ADV Films after some emails I sent them regarding their earlier defective disks. If anyone wants the form to send back their defective disks for a replacement just contact me at:

goddess-one[at]comcast.net

and I'll send you the form via an attachment file. The form has all the information you need to send your copy back to ADV Films as well and 1-800 toll free service number to contact ADV. Anyone interested can contact me at the email address printed above.

It only took them 8 weeks to send me a reply, must be a world record for customer service.:D

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
My 3.1 set came with the first two discs loose in the case. :angry: Everything seems to be okay, though

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
So from what i can gather in this thread, no exchange program was ever but in places?

I really want to check the series out, but with as hard as it is to find some of these releases, if I get a defective it sound slike I have little chance of getting it replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks