What's new

Fair price to pay for used Saturn and 3DO systems? (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Well, I've got a guy I work with who is wanting to sell me his used Saturn and 3DO systems (just about the only major systems I don't have). I might be interested if the prices are right.

What would be considered fair prices to pay for used complete systems? I've checked Ebay, and it looks like Saturns are maybe going for around $40 or so. Haven't checked into the 3DOs yet.

Thanks for the help.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Depending on the condition, I'd pay around $30 for a US Saturn. I know our local secondhand shop sells them for $35. Does it come with all the leads/controllers? Any games?

No idea about the 3D0.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
3DO's tend to go for between $50-70 depending on which manufacturer...

I wish I still had my Goldstar 3DO.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I actually have a PANASONIC 3do with 8 games and 2 controllers. its going for sale now on ebay. 1 day left at 51.00!
Ebay is the way to go for a 3do!

Mark_A_C

Agent
Why would anyone want a 3DO is beyond me. But as for the Saturn they can go for anywhere from 20 bucks to 40 bucks max.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Specifically games like Road Rash and Need For Speed
Ahmen to that brother! I loved my 3DO when I had it. I traded it in at FunCo the day the PSX was released (9/9/95). I got like $150 - $200. The next week they were giving out like $50 for one.

I also had the most fun playing shockwave. Barrel rolls at the right time were a blast!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I bought mine for $600/700 and sold it for $50. :frowning:

Road Rash and Wing Commander 3 were my favorite games among the several I had.

Did anyone have Way of the Warrior? That game looked interesting to me, but it got bad reviews except from GameFan.

~T

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Man, I really wanted a 3DO when I was younger. There were a handful of cool games on it - Road Rash and Need for Speed were really fun at the time, and Samurai Shodown on 3DO was about as close to the arcade as you could get. They also had Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, which I always wanted but never played on that system. Anyway, yeah, cool stuff, although I'd never buy one now. :P

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I forgot I had Samurai Showdown and Street Fighter. SS was really good; SF wasn't much of an improvement over SNES other than the sound.

~T

Dalila

Stunt Coordinator
We still own a 3DO, and still use it occasionally.

Besides those games already mentioned. Twisted... is just a hilarious party game when you have some people over. We also enjoyed The Incredible Machine, and Monster Manor

Ours is the Panasonic front disc loader. (original one)
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks