What's new

Extracting riched20.dll (1 Viewer)

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
We got the nimda virus this week and am trying to get everything back in order. I belive everything has been fixed except that I am getting errors when trying to open Word. I guess this is commom according to Nortons website. Their fix is to extract the riched20.dll file using windows installation cd and startup disk. My problem is I dont have the windows installation disc. I dont know where to get one either. Is there another way to get this file back for Windows Me computer? Windows 98 computer also in house affected as well, same problem, no install disk. Can someone please help?

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Did the virus eat your install CDs? I'm only half joking. Situations like this are why you need them.

There's a possibility that all of your install CAB files are in the c:windowsoptionscabs directory, if it exists.

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, thx for the heads up wayne..... windows install disks didnt come with both machines, dont ask me why, just didnt. Looked in cabs...not there.

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
Im quite PC brain dead, so I can't answer that. Sounds good to me if it's possible. I did find a few .dll download sites, but not sure how reliable the file would be, may have to take a chance on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks