What's new

exporting picture from microsoft word? (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i've used graphic programs like photoshop, illustrator and coreldraw for years, but i've never needed microsoft word for stuff like that. i just received a picture in .doc format - how do i export it into photoshop? a simple cut+paste doesn't do it - it goes into photoshop all blocky.

please help!

thanks

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
It likely goes into photoshop all blocky because it is very low resolution. If it seems that it's copying lower res than it is displayed- then you could try a screen capture (hitting print screen key in windows copies the screen to the clipboard where you can paste it into photoshop or whatever)

If you want to forward me a copy through email, I'd be happy to take a look.

-Vince

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
What is it a picture of? Is it a diagram created using Microsoft's drawing tools? Or is it something that was pasted into the Word doc. Also, how did you paste it into Photoshop? Usually you have the menu option of "Paste Special" which gives you options on how the image is treated by the clipboard.

One tried-and-true option is to print the image to a file using a PostScript printer driver. I usually setup Windows to have a Scitex Iris color printer driver just for this purpose. This will essentially create an EPS file that you can then import into your graphic app.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Eric,

That image seems to be 324x332 native pixels. Word imported it as a 3.37in x 3.47in image @ 96dpi.

If you copy and paste it into photoshop, you get a 324x332 image- because that's all the resolution that is there. On my screen the two (word's version and photoshop)look identical- it's only when I try to enlarge it in photoshop does it look "blocky"- again due to lack of resolution to begin with (if you try to resize it in word- the same thing will happen).

772x793 (fullpage @96dpi) seems too look "decent". I have emailed you jpg files of both resolutions.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks