What's new

Exclusive Queen DVD at Best Buy 8/17 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has an exclusive deal that is part of the "Greatest Hits" CD being released on 8/17: A bonus DVD with two never before available cuts! Not sure what they are (Bestbuy.com had no info), but at $11.99 for the CD and DVD it sounds like a purchase for me!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing it will be two cuts from the Milton Keynes DVD.

I'm not gonna buy this one.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Actually, it's not.

I just picked it up and it had this sticker on the package:

"EXCLUSIVE
Includes bonus DVD with 2 never before commercially released Queen videos: 'Somebody To Love' and 'The Show Must Go On' ".

Well, I was a little confused since both of these videos have been released on the Greatest Video Hits DVDs. When I got it home, I found out that they are the live versions from the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert with George Michael and Elton John, respectively. A nice addition, but those ARE available on DVD already. Not sure what "never before commercially released" means to Best Buy....

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Hope:

Sorry it took a couple days to respond, but work has been very hectic this week.

Well, I wrongly assumed that both cuts are from the FMTC, but surprise!...they are not! The Elton John track was recorded in Paris with Queen and a ballet company (was this a Pavarotti and Friends concert?). The quality is very good (actually excellent on the Elton track) although there is a little bleeding from all the red lights on "Somebody to Love", but that may be the source material. After having gotten goosebumps (it happens EVERY time!) from watching George Michael and Queen I think I will go order the Freddie Tribute DVD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks