What's new

Evita DTS DVD (French R2) (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
The back of the case lists:

Synopsis (in Korean)
Cast & Crew (in Korean)
Still Gallery (looks like video, timed you can't scroll)
Evita Look (in Korean)
YOU MUST LOVE ME (song plays while lyrics, in English, scroll by)
The Age of Eva Peron (in Korean)

Unless you read Korean the extras are pretty useless. Hell, if I read Korean I may still think the extras are lame. Not even a trailer.

ps. I've been a registered member of DVDTalk for a while now, I just don't post there very often.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Is there a way to turn off the lyrics on the music video? Just curious...

And how's the DTS sound?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Actually, its not a video. Its just one of the menu screens with the lyrics that scroll up the screen while the song plays in the background.

The DTS sound is very good, then again I'm no audiophile. However, I do usually prefer DTS over DD in most cases.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Ugh...there's no music video on this?? That was one of the reasons that I was getting this version.

Is it available in HK?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Question...

Just got the Korean disc...and both soundtracks look just slightly out of sync. Is this something on ALL discs???

The DTS just sounds slightly louder than the original 5.1 track. Almost like the difference between DTS/5.1 on some bootleg trilogies i have/had.

anyone with this care to comment??

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I used to own the Korean DTS disc but sent it back because it wasn't anamorphic like it was listed on the case. I didn't notice the dts track being out of sync.

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator
I have the French R2 Evita special edition.

Comes with 2 discs. Anamorphic, DTS, etc. There is a 50 mins documentary on Alan Parker in english with Frnech Subs. An interview with the cinematographer plus 30 mins of scene specific audio commentary by the cinematographer in french.

If you have a Toshiba 2109b the forced french subs can be turned off using the "T" button on the remote.

Other French discs worth a look:

Apocalypse Now Redux includes 2nd disk with 45 mins Cannes press conference.
The Last Emperor - Lavish 3 disc edition includeds Directors Cut, Original version + plenty of extras
Flash Gordon - Commentary with Mike Hodges, interview with Mike Hodges - Anamorphic, DD5.1
Out of the Past - Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas classic film noir - only available on DVD in France - Has removable subs.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Thanks for those titles Nick!

Looks like Out of the Past may be OOP. Amazon.fr shows it as unavailable.

RobD

Second Unit
Just won the DTS laserdisc on auction will let you all know if it lives up to expectations when I finally get it.

RobD

Second Unit
Just got the DTS LD, open and airy but with slightly better effects steering and clarity than the Dolby LD. Both LDs beat the sh*t outta the R2 UK release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks